Hala

The Heroic Domain of Ysgard
It is currently Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:55 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Nagritch guard/jail bug.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:48 pm 
Resident DM Griefer

While exploring Nagritch with my character i ended up under the courthouse. Talked with the jailor who asked my character for a 0 gold fine. My better judgement told me that i should choose the option to pay and not to choose the bugger off option.

A bit later when walking to the gate of town, my character got stopped by a guard, not having done anything wrong, the IC reaction of my character was to tell him to bugger off... that got him kicked into jail. I thought o well pay the fine and learn not to talk back to the guard... Jailor wanted 100gold, paid, door didnt open, paid 200 gold, door didnt open, paid 300 gold, door didnt open, paid 400 gold door didnt open....

At that point i cried HEEEEEELP to Nastr0nd. He let my character out. Now everytime Dael is within visual range of the city guard, he gets approached by the guard. A reset didnt cure it.

I hope this explains the problem in enough details.

GS-name: Freeze01
Char-name: Daelvaorn

Post subject: nagritch guard/jail bug
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:49 am 
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

had exactly the same experience last year;don't know if there's any possible fix yet.eventually,after some number(i've forgotten how many)of resets,the gate guard quit harassing my character,who still calls him"that big meanie".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:08 am 
Assistant World Leader

Location: Whats the use of have names if you lose all your friends. That's where I'm from.
Try now Freeze.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:49 am 
Resident DM Griefer

The harassment stopped :)

Good to know there is cure, but is the cause known too?

Post subject: nagritch guard/jail bug
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:29 am 
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

i still say it's proof of official corruption! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:59 pm 
Resident DM Griefer

I will just consider it a bug and just pretend it didnt happen, as i dont want to RP bugs. (are we even supposed/allowed to?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:10 pm 
Major DM

Freeze01 wrote:
I will just consider it a bug and just pretend it didnt happen, as i dont want to RP bugs. (are we even supposed/allowed to?)

No you are not supposed to RP Bugs, I know sometimes its a pain, but that is how it goes.

For the record this exact thing happened to one of my characters when I first started playing Hala. I DID RP the bug for a bit before realizing the mistake, telling everyone how stupid the guards were in Nags.

Glad you got fixed :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:18 pm 
Knight of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Just noting this is still going on, Garthond's having the same experiences, including the jailing and not getting released upon payment of fine, only he got himself out of jail (yay for not being LG.....:+)......)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:31 am 
Whelp of the Unholy Church of Newbieism

This is still happening. My half-elven palemaster Elradra has been minding her manners while visiting Nagritch, but the guards seem to have an issue with her. Normally I choose an option to peacefully leave the area but tonight chose to see what happens with the "bugger off" option instead.

Jail cell, fines that increase with each conversation with the guard, and a door that won't unlock is what happens.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:32 pm 
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Can you get yourself out or do you need help? I recommend going invisibly through Nagritch for awhile (that's how the drow do it ;)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:50 am 
Knight: Church of Pants

Looking at things in the toolset the door shouldn't unlock, the script should jump the player out of the cell (like they had been jumped into it). Not feeling completely clear on what the tag of the waypoint should be or where the player should be being jumped to. I don't see a suitable waypoint in either the Courthouse, the Government District outside that, or the Market District where the Guards loiter to harass people. Wonder if it got deleted way back when the airships got moved and the area north of the market stopped being the docks.

Need sleep. Will look again sometime. Elrada had escaped by herself, reimbursed the gold and set her to not be banished from Nagritch, which apparently solved her problem with the guards.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:37 pm 
Knight: Church of Pants

Exported area to test and double-check what the waypoint tag should be. Edited script to 'say' what "sGuardof + sJUMPTO" resulted in, then tried making a waypoint by that name, and that fixed it in the test. Have added a waypoint of the that name to the Nagritch Government District, just outside the door, in the main module and uploaded to 'To be Implemented'. Hopefully fixed when it is implemented.