Chest overflowing with gems

Please report any bugs you are experiencing here

Moderators: Arkon, Top Team

galen_macbyrne
Knight of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Chest overflowing with gems

Post by galen_macbyrne »

My inn room chest (Mia Toria #5) is stuffed full of gems - I've been on a gemcutting/jewelry kick with my alt Garthond, and ALMOST filled the chest up with ingots of various metals, cut and ideal cut gems of various types. Maybe a page each of ingot stacks of Verdicite, Rubicite and Syenite, and a page each of stacks of cut and ideal cut gems, malachite through sapphire, plus some other general items, monster cards, etc. was what I remember belonging in there. There was at least a page of space.....Then, 2 resets of Hala ago, the gems started proliferating. I had NO space at all in the chest, more pages of malachites and amethysts than I remembered, and all the jades and pearls had vanished. I pulled out 4 pages of amethysts and trashed them, to see if the "missing" gems were still in the chest in the database, and would reappear. But no, I got more amethysts again. I remember now this problem happening on Avlis (Deglos Brigade's storage chests particularly) and Tairis'nadur in the past, I was told it was a DB problem and could be fixed by someone with DB access, and that I SHOULDN'T pull out the items and trash them, it only caused more to respawn. However, every iteration of reset is creating several more pages of duped gems.

SOMETIMES, pulling out and trashing ALL of the type of duping items would cause the problem to stop.....but that is contra to the advice to wait and let a DB person handle it. Perfectly willing to trash all the lower quality gems, but, as I said, doing it myself IG is probably a bad idea.

Can someone help?
Psye Shaar
Assistant Head DM

Post by Psye Shaar »

This used to happen with the old chests from time to time. Has anyone managed to help yet?
[i]"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction." [/i]
Blaise Pascal (1623 - 1662)
galen_macbyrne
Knight of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by galen_macbyrne »

Silverdragonams is working with me on it. Thanks!