Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Expeditious Retreat via Boots of Running Away - fixed

Post by _JM_ »

Type of Bug/Exploit: Spell change
Area of Bug Exploit (be as specific as possible): Tel Lake to Takaii Village
NPCs involved (Be as specific as possible): None
Chests involved: None
Timestamp on when it happened: 01:30 to 01:40 or so, 12th February 2015
Frequency of occurrence: Say a dozen times.

Jayem has a few pairs of Boots of Running Away Very Very Fast that he ignores the IC logistics of changing as he travels. He used the Expeditious Retreat (5) power and then slowed back down. I was puzzled as it normally takes him across an area or two at least so I had him use it again and this time, paying attention, I noticed the icon was flashing as soon as the boots were used.

The boots never lasted that long but it seems they might now be acting as if they were Expeditious Retreat (1).

EDIT I INTENDED: As Jayem was heading for Nuvar I thought I'd check if the Boots were malfunctioning there now as well. They are.

EDIT BECAUSE OF SECOND ANNOYANCE: But on the way there I noticed that his Ring of Invisibility (Invisibility(3)) is also wearing off too soon. Normally one use easily takes him past some undead, even if he's not running faster with his boots, but this time he couldn't go the same distance with two uses. I didn't time it but it, again, felt like the caster level might have gone down to 1.
Freeze01
Resident DM Griefer

Post by Freeze01 »

bug is known, fix underway. Sorry for the inconvenience.
_JM_

Post by _JM_ »

Tested Boots on Hala and still had the icon flashing straight away.

Ring of Invisibility does work for three minutes rather than one again.

EDIT: Boots still borked on Nuvar. Other two items that I'd noticed were borked on Nuvar/Iron are now working as they should be. As one of those was a ring Jayem uses every time he prepares many thanks for fixing that and the other things.
mhogar
Knight of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by mhogar »

The quick fix was to give items minimal caster level of the spell. I need to have a look at a more permanent fix.
mhogar
Knight of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by mhogar »

fixed and you get a message with the caster level of the item to double check it
_JM_

Post by _JM_ »

Thank you.