Arkaz down, char there very old version, can't re-teleport from Hala as dominated

Please report any bugs you are experiencing here

Moderators: Arkon, Top Team

Starslayer_D
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Arkaz down, char there very old version, can't re-teleport from Hala as dominated

Post by Starslayer_D »

Hi, my char Legewiel Rydradys'varine is dominated on Ysgard as I last teleported here from there to Arkaz. Then Arkaz broke down and the version I now see in the vault there is outdated by a LOT. I would like to simply port her over again to arkaz, but can't do that as the copy on hala is dominated due to last transfer out. I don't mind overwriting the copy on Arkaz as Lege is max lvl anyway and I didn't gain any items of interest there. But the copy on Arkaz is levels and years and gear out of date, but is apparently suddenly the only accessible one. but she's not the right one.

Please undominate her and its all fixed?
albonia
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Re: Arkaz down, char there very old version, can't re-teleport from Hala as dominated

Post by albonia »

Starslayer_D wrote:Hi, my char Legewiel Rydradys'varine is dominated on Ysgard as I last teleported here from there to Arkaz. Then Arkaz broke down and the version I now see in the vault there is outdated by a LOT. I would like to simply port her over again to arkaz, but can't do that as the copy on hala is dominated due to last transfer out. I don't mind overwriting the copy on Arkaz as Lege is max lvl anyway and I didn't gain any items of interest there. But the copy on Arkaz is levels and years and gear out of date, but is apparently suddenly the only accessible one. but she's not the right one.

Please undominate her and its all fixed?
The same problem with Ginah i can now log into Arkaz but the copy of Ginah there is some 6 months or more out of date. If i can log into hala with her but she is dominated
A quote from a mage, without my magic I am just an Elf in a bathrobe.
Akai
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Re: Arkaz down, char there very old version, can't re-teleport from Hala as dominated

Post by Akai »

Arkaz suffered a bad crash, some of the data lost is practically unrecoverable. Catch a Hala DM to get unstuck on Hala; anything accomplished on Arkaz since your last portal from Hala is probably gone :(

(If you see me on as any of my chars (primarily Soleis, Egil, Aericonte, Ellyn) hop on and Tell me.)
_JM_

Post by _JM_ »

Reiterate my thanks to Akai for unsticking Jayem with the same problem.
albonia

Post by albonia »

Great thanks Akai i will contact you with a good time to meet up :)
dalzell
Whelp of the Unholy Church of Newbieism

Post by dalzell »

Hi there,
I also have the same problem with some characters dominated on all servers who passed recently to Arkaz.
Would it be possible to meet online and please remove the domination? This would also fix things for me.
Is there a time when you are around to help? I am only available weekends and can be around tomorrow (sunday), is there a possibility you are around? I am currently GMT +1.

Thanks and I really appreciate any help

Dalzell
Akai
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Akai »

I will try to be on Hala during the Amazon meeting Friday for unsticking anyone who shows up stuck and perhaps subject y'all to a bit of practice DM'ing.

(When is the Amazon meeting anyhow? In Eastern time?)

(Everyone should still feel free to Tell me IG for unsticking if you cannot catch anyone on IRC.)
_JM_

Post by _JM_ »

Relevant to this:
http://www.arkaz.org/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9718
People,

As you all may have found out: we have to make due with a 2 month old backup of the bic's (character files) and the database. So we have to see how to make things work again. What we can do now is to restore bics from Hala if you went there in the last 2 months. If you never went offworld then you will have to wait a bit for team side discussions to finish.

So pm me with your: boardname, gamespy and character name.
I will do it in batches, so please be patient.

Or you can ask a friendly Ysgard/Hala dm (or me) to undominate you on Ysgard. Be sure to leave the start tent afterwards there and save.

On behalf of the team,
Mhog'ar
albonia

Post by albonia »

Akai wrote:I will try to be on Hala during the Amazon meeting Friday for unsticking anyone who shows up stuck and perhaps subject y'all to a bit of practice DM'ing.

(When is the Amazon meeting anyhow? In Eastern time?)

(Everyone should still feel free to Tell me IG for unsticking if you cannot catch anyone on IRC.)
Okay I think Europe UK is + 5 hours on EST so our meeting time would be from 3 PM onward for you

Thank you Akai
Starslayer_D
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Starslayer_D »

Ok, Unstuck now.. Thank you Akai. Now just have to twist a few arms to get all to be o Hala today