Custom Race Language Oddities

Please report any bugs you are experiencing here

Moderators: Arkon, Top Team

Chastened Phoenix
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Custom Race Language Oddities

Post by Chastened Phoenix »

Hiya,

So, I've already mostly incorporated this into my affected characters. Still, another player suggested I report it.
(Specifically, Garth suggested I report it after I mentioned it last night.)

Custom race characters don't seem to get the right languages. This seems true for characters made on Arkaz as well as here. Specifically:

Richy (Ysgard native) Half-nymph, does not have slyvan or any other Fey language. Does have Elven.
Beta (Arkaz Native) Half-nymph, same.
Rodia (Ysgard Native) Aasimar, has elven, does not have Celestial.
Einar (Arkaz Native) Stone Dwarf (i.e. Dwarf/Gnome hybrid) has Dwarven, but not Gnomish.
Erin (Partner's Character, Arkaz Native) Sun Elf, does not have Elven (has only Common, Animal, and Magic, due to wizard and ranger levels.)

I don't expect anything to be done about the listed characters (especially the Arkaz ones!). Just listing the examples I know about to provide as much relevant data as I can. :)

(As I said, I've already Incorporated the above into the characters' RP. Einar and Erin are 2nd/3rd generation or more citizens of their world's equivalent of the U.S. so... Makes sense they might not know their ancestral languages. Richy basically has no idea how he knows Elven and doesn't know Fey, but chalks it up to dying and turning up on Ysgard. Rodia, I'm not sure she even knows she's an Aasimar, and hasn't heard Elven spoken, so probably doesn't realize she knows it, either. Beta similarly.)

I've also reported it to Arkaz.

Anyway, thanks for your time! :)
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from technology."

Insanely Curious
Curiously Insane ;)
Tremayne7
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Re: Custom Race Language Oddities

Post by Tremayne7 »

See my response on Arkaz forums.
Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning

"If life is a hankerchief, love is the embrodery that makes it more beautiful." - Alexis Dufresne Montjoie

"A Tyrite, a thief, a ranger and a preppy elf were sitting in a bar with a druidess..." -Aranel
Chastened Phoenix
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Re: Custom Race Language Oddities

Post by Chastened Phoenix »

Noted, and thanks!
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from technology."

Insanely Curious
Curiously Insane ;)