CRAFTING BUGS

Please report any bugs you are experiencing here

Moderators: Arkon, Top Team

albonia
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by albonia »

One of the cotton plants in the bastion crafting centre is broken It is the middle cotton plant on the outer row next to the tree.
The cotton plant was not clickable but it is now not sure what the problem was.

Update
The rasins are now appearing when you craft them but they are unidentified. And the fried potatoes are still not appearing when you are sucessfull in making them.
A quote from a mage, without my magic I am just an Elf in a bathrobe.
Gregpooh
Knight: Church of Pants

Post by Gregpooh »

*reads down the list*

Did my last report on leathercrafting never post, or was it deleted? It was 1:30am when I posted it, so maybe I clicked something wrong.

Tanning Rack menu under options for tanning shows choice to make a small hardened leather, not a small tanned leather. Don't know if it gives a tanned leather or hardened leather upon sucess though.
It takes a [b]Viking[/b] to Raze a Village.
Asbendale
Knight of the Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Asbendale »

Lula and Asbendale can make silver weapons aswell.....we will keep an eye on any weapons that turn up vs undead and post a list here as we find em.

will be returning to Hala on the 28/5

Asbendale
darkserra
Craftmaster

Weighted weapons

Post by darkserra »

I was making weighted clubs at the bastion crafting hall.

After a success at making a club, the materials were consumed but no weighted club was placed in my inventory.

DS
-- [i]People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.[/i]
George Orwell
Asbendale

Post by Asbendale »

I think my charter got a crafting bug....when trying to use the sawhorses, it gives this error message:

Script ats_sc_cr_begin, OID: 80000 FDC,
Tag: ATS_WOOD_BASIC,Error: TOO MANY INSTRUCTIONS
Lost Item: wood
**Successful**
**Unsuccesful**
Lost Item: wood
You have lost one wood

Now i have tryed to make something els fist but with littel luck, allso it seems when i got one pice of wood on me it allows me to make one hilt mold. Lula was crafting just next to me and she had no problems at all with it, worked fine for her.

I was trying to make hilt molds....and his skill is on 76...so something is wrong here.

Asbendale

Asben, try dropping some of your items, as you have too many items in inventory for the script to look through. DS
albonia

Post by albonia »

I have not found potatoes growing anywhere on hala yet. And any of the merchants who do sell them seem to have very limited supplies.
silverdragonams
Head DM

Post by silverdragonams »

They're there and not hard to find
Characters:
[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=Sarakin_Fyne]Sarakin Fyne[/url]

www.anotherworlddesign.etsy.com
albonia

Post by albonia »

When smelting iron at the hangate forge i get the message sucessfull and an increase in exp. But no Iron ingots appear in my inventory it has happened twice now.

update
Its working right now so not sure what the problem was.
darkserra
Craftmaster

Post by darkserra »

albonia,

If that happens again, try changing to a different forge. Sometimes moving to a different placable will fix the problem.

Also, if your inventory is very full, the crafted items may not appear in your inventory, but drop onto the ground.

DS
-- [i]People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.[/i]
George Orwell
albonia

Post by albonia »

Some bugs i have noticed recently,

(1) Trying to make fish and chips i get the too many instructions message.

albonia, try dropping some of your stuff. DS

(2) The saw horse(s) in the bastion crafting centre still needs a kick start if i try making a hilt mold first i get the success mesage but no mold. I have to try to make a quarterstaff first before i can make the hilt molds and they appear in my characters inventory.

albonia, this is a known problem. We are working on it. DS

(3) Not exactly a bug but there is a very limited supply of silver and gold at hangate. There are 2 silver and 1 gold seams but they run out very quickly and i know a number of people are mining silver now. I know there is a small supply on Yasgard but thats a long walk from any forge.

We are in danger of the same thing happening that happens on avlis where crafters wait for a server reset then dash to the spot where a rare plant/ore/wood is found and grab everything.

The team may not agree with this but i know thats what happens on avlis.I know we dont want multiple seams this would make silver/gold too easy and unbalance the economy but a couple more would be do no harm
Arkon
World Leader

Post by Arkon »

albonia wrote:Some bugs i have noticed recently,

(We are in danger of the same thing happening that happens on avlis where crafters wait for a server reset then dash to the spot where a rare plant/ore/wood is found and grab everything.

The team may not agree with this but i know thats what happens on avlis.I know we dont want multiple seams this would make silver/gold too easy and unbalance the economy but a couple more would be do no harm.
This is going to happen no matter how many seams we put in. It will always happen. Anything rare is going to be exploited in this manner.

As far as finding new seams... RP it out and we'll see what happens.

Keep in mind that Ysgard/Hala is a moving berg. Things are always shifting. What is there one day, might not be the next.

I might just put in a few extra seam areas and then create a code that will alternate which one appears in what area at module load :) We'll see what happens. Crafting is still a work in progress.
Respect is Earned! Fear is Demanded!
darkserra
Craftmaster

Post by darkserra »

All,

I have taken over the responsiblility for crafting.

The TMI errors are a problem linked to the way the crafting system works. This searches your inventory and removes items it needs to craft. If you have too many items in your inventory, you get a TMI message. Try dropping some of your stuff.

The problems with the crafting stations working sometimes and sometimes not is linked to the scripts at module load. We think that that old crafting system is interferring with the new. We are working on it, but for now Hala is our test platfrom. Once we get some hard fixes, we will tackle Ysgard.

As for silver/gold mines, I have placed a huge number of craft materials in the game the past week or so. You are just going to have to get out there and explore
George Orwell
Gregpooh

Post by Gregpooh »

darkserra wrote:
The problems with the crafting stations working sometimes and sometimes not is linked to the scripts at module load. We think that that old crafting system is interferring with the new. We are working on it, but for now Hala is our test platfrom. Once we get some hard fixes, we will tackle Ysgard.
A Little update on this. I've noticed that using the anvil for weapon or armor crafting is the thing that Always breaks the other crafting stations for me. Once I make armor or weapons, I get no items from any of the other crafting stations. The really strange thing is, if I go to a sawhorse and start making clubs and quarterstaffs, I will eventually get one that shows up in my inventory. Once this happens ALL of the other crafting stations start working too.

Seamus, I replicated this fault. Don't have a fix for it, but it is noted. DS
darkserra
Craftmaster

Post by darkserra »

I believe that the loss of function on the crafting tables is related to the script failure we are getting at module load.

We are continuing to work on the problem.

Please keep the reports coming in, as it helps us pinpoint where we have problems.

Seamus, please keep me informed... it is really helping to see the particulars. If you get a chance, take a look at the tanners rack and tell me how it is working.

Thanks,
DS
George Orwell
Gregpooh

Post by Gregpooh »

Hey DS. I still don't get items from Tanning. It seems to be the exception to what I stated above. I do, however see some new items in the tanning rack menus that never showed up before. "Leather Strips" for example. I can't really test this in Hala Though, only in Ysgard. There's no place that I have found in Hala that has the right combination of crafting stations and materials to do leathercrafting. If the Alchemist in Nagritch sold tanning supplies I could test this stuff on Hala. (Hint Hint). =)

A couple of suggestions for future leatherworking stuff:

1) Check the prices on Tannic Acid and Tanning oil. Not only is the price for 1 very high, but a pack of 10 costs almost 100x what a single bottle costs.

2) Perhaps add recipies to the Alchemy Station to make Tannic Acid and Tanning oil? If you like, I would be happy to research some common methods of making them IRL.

3) A recipe to turn one large tanned hide into several smaller tanned hides would be a great thing. (Ditto for hardened hides)

Seamus, the tanning prices have been adjusted. I will look into the other items. DS
LadyPhoenix77
Location: Whats the use of have names if you lose all your friends. That's where I'm from.

Post by LadyPhoenix77 »

I'll chime in for a small part of this. I am looking into the prices of the tanning acids and oils, we did note that the price was high and the 10 pack was really out of line.

I do like your idea for recipies for each of those in alchemy.

And I am not sure on the only in Ysgard part, I'll leave most of that for DS, I do know that Ysgard is currently one revision behind on crafting, as I was trying to do some testing of other code on Hala when I added it's update, before I put the updates in Ysgard.
Gregpooh

Post by Gregpooh »

Just wanted to update the situation with items not being aquired when they are successfully made.

It has been pointed out that whenever this behavior occurs, there is an anomaly in the script message. For example, when you normally create a healing kit +1 it says: "You have successfully created a healing kit +1. would you like to try again?" When you fail, it says: "You have failed to create a Healing Kit +1. Would you like to try again?" When the buggy behavior is happening, however, the message comes up as: "You have successfully created . Would you like to try again?" or "You have failed to create . would you like to try again?"

I don't know if this will help you track down the problem or not, but I thought I'd bring it up.

Ps. Any chance on having the merchants sell the leatherworking items we need to make armor untill the mess with the leatherworking scripts gets sorted out?

Seamus, thanks for this. This type of report really helps! As for merchants selling leathergoods, that is coming soon. DS
Asbendale

Post by Asbendale »

Ysgard..When i cure pelts in to leather they dosent show up in the inventory even trough it sayes successfull..only the runid ones is added to the inventory.

Asbendale

Asben, leathercrafting is currently inoperative. Nothing seems to work. Our short term fix is to have some merchants sell the necessary leathercrafting items that are needed for other crafting. I will put out when this is done. DS

Leathercrafting materials added to merchants. DS
Idonia

Post by Idonia »

Hala, the garlic on the garlic plant placeables in Minya are unidentified...

What? You've never seen unknown garlic before? :) I will look into it. DS

Should be fixed.
[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=PCs:Lily]Lily[/url]
Idonia

Post by Idonia »

Hops plant placeables and two of the grape vine placeables (on the right side) are on unreachable areas of the tile... they're set too far into the walls. These are the only ones I've been to so there may be more. Not so much a crafting problem as a building problem I guess, but I'll put it here.

Noted. I will fix it in the next update. I guess I put them too far into the buildings. :oops: DS

SHould be fixed.
[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=PCs:Lily]Lily[/url]
Asbendale

Post by Asbendale »

The Tanner at Nalensgard is buges...when you ask her to learn you tanning she gives you 5 skill points....but you can contine to ask her to teach you and she keeps handing skill points out :shock:

Asbendale

Thanks Asben, I will look into this and apply a fix as necessary. DS

This is fixed.
Gregpooh

Post by Gregpooh »

The options for making different types of arrowheads have disappeared. When chosing craft arrowheads from the menu it used to take you to a submenu where you chose the metal the arrowheads were made from. Now it simply says that "You have chosen to make arrowheads, is this correct?" or something similar and it defaults to Iron arrowheads.

This is fixed. DS
Asbendale

Post by Asbendale »

New Tailoring...Silk cord(alt)...well it works..but when you examin the item it sayes: A bundel of 20 arrow heads

Asbendale

Thanks Asben, I will fix this in the next update. DS

This is fixed.
Gregpooh

Post by Gregpooh »

A little more feedback:

As noted above, using the tailor station or the anvil seems to break the other crafting stations so that you get no items upon success. The current workaround is to craft clubs and quarterstaves on the sawhorse. This seems to reset the scripts somehow and correct the problem. I believe I have discovered another way to work around this problem. The first time you use a crafting station after using the anvil or tailor desk, navigate all the way through the choices untill you see "you have chosen to make [item name] do you wish to continue?" If you choose "no" at this point, and then use the back command to return all the way to the first menu, you should be able to make items and have them show up in your inventory without having to go chop wood/ make clubs.

One more small item.

The leather strips weigh half a pound each. The bundle of 10 leather strips also weighs a half a pound.

Thanks for the tip Seamus. I will fix the weight of the bundle as well! DS

Weight of leather strips is fixed
Gregpooh

Post by Gregpooh »

When mining shadow ore, no ore appears in inventory or on the ground upon a sucessful mining attempt.

Also on the subject of mining: The mining pick has a x4 critical damage multiplier. Does that strike anyone else as slightly excessive?

I will look into it. DS