CRAFTING BUGS

Please report any bugs you are experiencing here

Moderators: Arkon, Top Team

darkserra
Craftmaster

Post by darkserra »

Silver,

The trade journals are starting to duplicate in the players inventories. You can't drop/trade/trash them. So far, I have collected 5....

If we collect 52, can we turn them in for a Deck of Many Things? :D

Hopefully Fixed ~SD~
-- [i]People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.[/i]
George Orwell
corwink
Wiki Pioneer

Post by corwink »

lol, it happened to me and jenai too. I had 4 and jenai had 5. D'art took the extra ones off us though.

corwink
Gone
albonia
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by albonia »

Ginah has 4 of the trade journals now. For some reason the game has started giving you a journal every time you log in.
A quote from a mage, without my magic I am just an Elf in a bathrobe.
Psye Shaar
Assistant Head DM

Post by Psye Shaar »

This is known about and will be sorted asap. In the meantime, DM's will remove the extras as we see them on you :)
Gregpooh
Knight: Church of Pants

Post by Gregpooh »

Hello again.

1) I was looking at the woodcrafting and I made a hilt mold. Then I went and tried to make something with it. (failed, *snif* but at least I have my ingredients now! :) )

Then I went back to make more hilt molds. Every time I get a success now, though, I get no item. I had several successes. There is plenty of open space in my inventory. I succeeded with both identified and unidentified pieces of wood with the same non-result. I also successfully created Dart shafts and got nothing. My skill did increase when I got some of the successes, just no item given. Manathor was making weapon handles on the same station last night and succeeded several times, and got handles each time. Oh, and I was in Ysgard, and I tried to relog to see if the issue would clear up. That is all the relevant information I can think of. <-Hoping recompiling the scripts fixes this. Let me know if its any better.

2) Did you make any changes to the Leather Crafting? The options in the smoking oven look different, but it might be because my skill improved. I still see no options for tanning or hardening leather on the tanning rack, however. <- Attempted to fix, but I'm not entirely sure why its doing this. These do show up, but you need more skill than you should. Let me know if it's working better. ~SD~
It takes a [b]Viking[/b] to Raze a Village.
Gregpooh

Post by Gregpooh »

*More info*

The above mentioned woodcrafting bug appears to be a per station thing. That is, I can use each station successfully for one entire session. (or even multiple sessions if I do no other type of crafting) In Nagritch, where there are 2 stations, I was able to use one, and the other was broken as above. Strangely enough, using the one station successfully seems to 'reset' things and makes the other station work again. Therefore, as long as there is more than one station in an area, the bug can be fixed in game.
Gregpooh

Post by Gregpooh »

No change on the leatherworking side of things. Still no options for tanning or hardening leathers available.

2) Did you make any changes to the Leather Crafting? The options in the smoking oven look different, but it might be because my skill improved. I still see no options for tanning or hardening leather on the tanning rack, however. <- Attempted to fix, but I'm not entirely sure why its doing this. These do show up, but you need more skill than you should. Let me know if it's working better. ~SD~
How much skill should you need exactly? It's hard to say if it's broken or not without knowing. Still it seems to me that tanning and hardening would be a neccessary first step (well, second after curing). Should you be able to at least Tan small hides at a relatively low level of skill? If you should, then its still broke.
<-Hoping recompiling the scripts fixes this. Let me know if its any better.
Didn't notice any change in behavior on this one. The quick fix IG is to try and make a Club or a Quarterstaff. For some reason, making one of these correctly can often reset the system. [/i]
silverdragonams
Head DM

Post by silverdragonams »

How much skill should you need exactly? It's hard to say if it's broken or not without knowing. Still it seems to me that tanning and hardening would be a neccessary first step (well, second after curing). Should you be able to at least Tan small hides at a relatively low level of skill? If you should, then its still broke.
If its still not showing up for you then its still broken. I'll see if I can figure it out next week.
Characters:
[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=Sarakin_Fyne]Sarakin Fyne[/url]

www.anotherworlddesign.etsy.com
Gregpooh

Post by Gregpooh »

It's still not showing up for me. (Leathercraft skill 20 something)

Also the bug from the woodcraft has migrated over to the leathercrafting. We now get nothing for a successful leathercraft attempt.

Oh, and whatever you did to make Badger pelts and Deer pelts show up before worked, but it made both badger and bat pelts green level difficulty, even at skills as low as 15. So now it is very difficult to raise the leathercrafting skill higher. If we could tan and craft things out of the pelts at this level, it would not be a problem, but as it is now, advancement in leathercrafting is pretty much at a standstill.

Just one more thing for you to worry about, I know. Try not to get too stressed over it. I'm not griping, just reporting on the situation as it now stands.
Odin Hammersong
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Odin Hammersong »

The garlic plants spawn Barley and unidentified garlic bulbs. A good effort at hybrids, perhaps? :)

I need to know exactly which plants are doing this. Thanks. ~SD
"All tryin' to do as we should, but that doesn't always rhyme with doin' what feels good"

[quote="micah ormane"]I'm dedicated? I just take your spells away then abandon you!

Muah ha ha! RP that, bitch![/quote]
Asbendale
Knight of the Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Asbendale »

Shurikens...when making Copper shurikens..they are put under throwing axes in the crafting menu...also it costs 8 ingots to make ONE shuriken...thats a bit much sinse 4 ingots makes a short sword...50 shurikens for 8 ingots will be more in place i think.....also when you salvage them you get way less than you used on them...i salvaged 5 shurikons that cost me a total of 40 ingots to make and i got 6 ingots back from the forge.

Asbendale

Temporary Fix ~SD
albonia

Post by albonia »

The sawhorses in the bastion centre were not producing hilt molds. I was geting experience for them but even a sucesfull result produced no hilt mold.

And please could we have some jewlers desks in the bastion crafting centre there is none and she does sell ring and amulet molds.
albonia

Post by albonia »

One of the cotton plants in the bastion crafting centre is broken It is the middle cotton plant on the outer row next to the tree.

I don't see a problem with it. How is it broken? ~SD
Gregpooh

Post by Gregpooh »

albonia wrote:The sawhorses in the bastion centre were not producing hilt molds. I was geting experience for them but even a sucesfull result produced no hilt mold.
See the above posts, this is a known issue. Current work around is to try and make a club or a quarterstaff. Make one, if it doesn't show up in your inventory, make the other. Sometimes you have to try a couple of times. Once you start recieving these, you should be able to make other things as well. This fixes the problem untill you go and work at some other crafting station, at which point the problem will crop up again.
Asbendale

Post by Asbendale »

Alchemy is broken on the ysgard server....comes with an error message when you are trying to craft.

Cookin is broken there too....it is impossibel to make appel juice even since its light blue to me, just gives an error message, when making fried potatoes it let you craf em but you dont get any potatoes.

Asbendale
Asbendale

Post by Asbendale »

Throwing axes is rather costly to make too..it takes 10 ingots to make ONE axe......so if your planning on making 50 like you useally bye, the ingots will fill a whole bag in total 250 ingots...a bit much metal for some axes.

Asbendale

Temporary FIx ~SD
Aquilifer
Whelp of the Unholy Church of Newbieism

Post by Aquilifer »

Not sure if this is a bug.

Ursadin found someone to teach him how to tan skins. After paying for the lesson, he bought a skinning knife - only to learn that he could not hold it.

[Is it intended for large characters to be unable to skin animals? ]

Fixed ~SD
"To change your mind and to follow him who sets you right is to be nonetheless the free agent that you were before."

Marcus Aurelius
NWDuneAuron

Post by NWDuneAuron »

There was a bug with small weapons and large creatures crashing everything that could see them when they equipped it, but Bioware say they fixed it in 1.67. I don't know what could be causing that, unless it's Bioware's idea of a fix =).
Fredegar
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by Fredegar »

Minor issue but when I use a sawhorse and select an item to craft it properly displays my 'woodworking skill #', but when I use Back to choose a different item it then displays my 'tailoring skill #'. All options for woodworking still show.
albonia

Post by albonia »

The woman in the crafting centre in Bastion has 5 dye kits for sale then she is sold out. It makes doing any tailoring in the crafting centre rather difficult. Can she at least have a decent stock of dye kits.

Dye kits are easily craftable with common ingredients. ~SD
Aquilifer
Whelp of the Unholy Church of Newbieism

Post by Aquilifer »

NWDuneAuron wrote:There was a bug with small weapons and large creatures crashing everything that could see them when they equipped it, but Bioware say they fixed it in 1.67. I don't know what could be causing that, unless it's Bioware's idea of a fix =).
I have now tested skinning knives from two different sources and all show to be unusuable by a large creature who has both simple and martial weapon proficiencies. I assume that this makes this particular type of crafting unavailable for large creatures.
"To change your mind and to follow him who sets you right is to be nonetheless the free agent that you were before."

Marcus Aurelius
silverdragonams
Head DM

I think I can fix that the same way I made three different mining tools. Although I dont know how much sense it makes to skin an animal with a sword. I'll see what I can come up with, but If you have any ideas, it would be appreciated.
Characters:

Final Shinryuu
Newb of the Year: First Place

Post by Final Shinryuu »

silverdragonams wrote:I think I can fix that the same way I made three different mining tools. Although I dont know how much sense it makes to skin an animal with a sword. I'll see what I can come up with, but If you have any ideas, it would be appreciated.
A handaxe could work quite well. Skinning hatchet. It's small size, not tiny, so large creatures could use it.
Tremayne7

Post by Tremayne7 »

I haven't logged on since before the crafting system was put in. According to my other half (Seamus/Gregpooh) I should a have an item that looks kind of like a deck of cards, but is in fact the trade journel. I still have the old one in my inventory no updated on if in fact there is one. I have been working at cooking (should have a skill of 7, but no way to check to see if this is regestering for me as it shows I have no skills at all). Is this normal? I'm Aria Dy'ner as a character and Tremayne7 is my NWN sign on to the main server.

Help?
Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning

"If life is a hankerchief, love is the embrodery that makes it more beautiful." - Alexis Dufresne Montjoie

"A Tyrite, a thief, a ranger and a preppy elf were sitting in a bar with a druidess..." -Aranel
silverdragonams
Head DM

It sounds like you still have the old version of the skill book. I made them smaller and fixed them so that it doesn't get changed out every time you log in. Pester a DM for a new one next time you are on :)

That could be why you're skills are not showing up. According to the database you do have 7 points in cooking.
Characters: