CRAFTING BUGS

Please report any bugs you are experiencing here

Moderators: Arkon, Top Team

blue wolfy
Squire: Church of Pants

Post by blue wolfy »

I second Akai's report, i just tried to make 'hookie cookies' and on a fail it took all supplies i had on some of the things (like 7 of 2-3 items)

I checked the recipe and it is correct. Let me know if this continues. DS
Akai
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Akai »

As of 12/26 AM restart, bug continues.

Thanks. I think this problem may be linked to efforts to fix the TMI errors. We are working on it. DS
Gregpooh
Knight: Church of Pants

Post by Gregpooh »

blue wolfy wrote:I second Akai's report, i just tried to make 'hookie cookies' and on a fail it took all supplies i had on some of the things (like 7 of 2-3 items)

I checked the recipe and it is correct. Let me know if this continues. DS
This bug seems to be general, and not specific to any one recipe. I had the same thing happen when making Grain Alchohol yesterday. Has anyone seen this affect anything but Cooking and Alchemy?
It takes a [b]Viking[/b] to Raze a Village.
Akai
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Akai »

Yes, tailoring also.
Gregpooh
Knight: Church of Pants

Post by Gregpooh »

The recipe for Corrosive Arrows is incorrect. They use the wrong type of arrowheads.

Request: Can we please get Shadow/Balance/Light Battle Axes and Bastard Swords added to weaponcrafting? I get a lot of requests for these. Thank you.

Fixed. DS
It takes a [b]Viking[/b] to Raze a Village.
darkserra
Craftmaster

Post by darkserra »

Wine recipe fixed. DS
-- [i]People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.[/i]
George Orwell
BPanther
Knight of the Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by BPanther »

when you craft item you get SUCCESS and ingredients removed but you dont get outcome item. Happened with gemcutting and woodworking now.

This is a well-known problem with the crafting system due to the way scripts and variables are handled by the game engine. You will have just have to watch for the system not producing items. Usually making a hilt mold on the sawhorse will fix it. DS
<@HumbugCause> Lir's in and out more than a red light girl's regular :P
<@CoffeeDragon> Sorry Lir, I traded you to Zombie this morning for 2 cookies and a collectible digipokimonster card.
symlink
Whelp of the Unholy Church of Newbieism

Post by symlink »

This just happened to me with healing kits as well. Made 7 successful attempts, and got nothing :(...

I went back to the table some time later, and the problem persisted. However: when I switched to wheat germ oil, it seemed to restore it to normal functioning (much like the hilt mold example I'm sure). So this must apply to all forms of crafting?

BPanther wrote:when you craft item you get SUCCESS and ingredients removed but you dont get outcome item. Happened with gemcutting and woodworking now.

This is a well-known problem with the crafting system due to the way scripts and variables are handled by the game engine. You will have just have to watch for the system not producing items. Usually making a hilt mold on the sawhorse will fix it. DS
Akai
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Akai »

Watch for your results message: When this bug is in effect, the results message will say "You have succeeded [or failed] in making ." (A blank instead of the actual item name.) When this happens, stop crafting this item, choose another item (or the same one) from the menu, but when it asks you if this is the item you wish to craft, say NO; then choose the item you do wish to craft and see if it is working now.
Verandis
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by Verandis »

On Ysgard, but NOT on Hala, my Lawful Good character gets this extra option in his blunt weaponsmithing options: Mace of Shadow.

Given the alignment restrictions on crafting weapons now I presume this is a bug.

His weaponsmithing is at 363, if that helps narrow it down somehow (or lets other people check.)

Ysgard lags behind Hala in crafting updates. I will get Ysgard updated this weekend. DS
Verandis

Post by Verandis »

Okay, great! If possible please fix the 'rapier of shadow' that appears on the list for good people too. (I didn't have a weaponsmithing high enough to see this one when I wrote the last message, it seems.)

I'm out of town for now. I will fix this when I rerturn. DS
Verandis

Post by Verandis »

On Hala-

Weaponsmithing- I have an extra option under 'axes'. It's a 'longsword of light.'

This is what I get for copying and pasting! This recipe will actually produce an axe. I will fix the typo when I return. DS
thetamlyone

Post by thetamlyone »

Forgive me if this is the wrong spot for this....I assume gathering stuff is related to crafting, right? :)

Anyway, two of the grape vines in the new Heidabyr village are inaccessible. Just thought you'd like to know. :)
moonlight1

Post by moonlight1 »

Nagritch at the fountain.

Noticed that when you fill bottles to get pure water, you get pure water yes...but at the same time, you still keep most of the empty bottles, you have bought, that was suppose to be replaced with the pure water.

Miana
silverdragonams
Head DM

Post by silverdragonams »

It will do that if you spam-click the fountain fast. Try filling your bottles a little slower :)
Characters:
[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=Sarakin_Fyne]Sarakin Fyne[/url]

www.anotherworlddesign.etsy.com
moonlight1

Post by moonlight1 »

Got it! :wink:
BPanther

Leatherworking

Post by BPanther »

Curing leathers seem to work as intended but when you use tanners rack it kicks you out of conversation after evry attempt.

also creating small spellbag ends up not getting these items and i am unable to try anything else because of conversation.

after i gained some skill (blue) conversation wont let me craft em at all !!!

After i gained skill to better harden and tan leathers (blue) previously working recipe with same components wont do anything at all anymore.

i would be glad if someone checks it out.

Please?
<@CoffeeDragon> Sorry Lir, I traded you to Zombie this morning for 2 cookies and a collectible digipokimonster card.
BPanther

Post by BPanther »

Tanner's Rack

1. Tan leather
2. Harden leather

both of these give submenu like

1.small HARDENED leather
etc etc

Like there is wrong submenu under Tan leather

Also when i try to make that leather it leaves the menu without any message. "You dont have the correct materials for this."

Hope that helps or something.
albonia

Post by albonia »

Dont know if this has been reported before but when Isang tried to cut some gems Amythests she got a sucessful message but got a rune instead of a cut Amythest.

Tried again with the same result.
A quote from a mage, without my magic I am just an Elf in a bathrobe.
Akai
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Akai »

Cutting lapis, instead of cut lapis got a THURISAZ rune. Backed out and did the choose malachite/back out thing that you do when the no item given bug appears, and after that it worked correctly.
_JM_

Post by _JM_ »

I decided to see if Rough Malachite still produced a FEHU rune when polished. It did not, but then again it did not produce anything... tried in the Heidabyr Mines and just outside the Hangate Mines and lost Rough Malachites and did not get anything on success. Not bothered much as was only doing for practice and was still getting crafting XP.

EDIT: That worked. Thanks Nastr0nd.
Last edited by _JM_ on Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nastr0nd
Major DM

Post by Nastr0nd »

_JM_ wrote:I decided to see if Rough Malachite still produced a FEHU rune when polished. It did not, but then again it did not produce anything... tried in the Heidabyr Mines and just outside the Hangate Mines and lost Rough Malachites and did not get anything on success. Not bothered much as was only doing for practice and was still getting crafting XP.
This is an existing bug that we've not been able to solve. The solution is to polish as normal but...
The first time you polish a gem type select "No" when it asks you if that is the type of gem you want to polish. Then select the type of gem again and carry on as normal. It should produce the correct items after this.
Short N Sweet

Post by Short N Sweet »

Trying to cut rough malachites and backing out of the menu after success doesn't still seem to give the finished one back to you.
Grimm
Knight of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by Grimm »

I'm not sure if this is a bug or how this happened. My character Eelkuu Va'Lindar was never trained to use an anvil (to my knowledge) yet somehow he has 1 out of 1000 points in it. He can make daggers but that's about it. I've attempted 29 times to make a bronze dagger with a success rate of 13.8% =(. He can't gain any skill points past his 1, and when I go to the skill trainer in Hangate he says that Eelkuu already knows more than he can teach. I don't know how he got this way, It's probably not a common bug, and could easily be fixed by setting Eelkuus weapon-crafting to 5 (or more would be nice since I've attempted to make 29 daggers with no skill points to show lol).
Nastr0nd
Major DM

Post by Nastr0nd »

Grimm wrote:I'm not sure if this is a bug or how this happened. My character Eelkuu Va'Lindar was never trained to use an anvil (to my knowledge) yet somehow he has 1 out of 1000 points in it. He can make daggers but that's about it. I've attempted 29 times to make a bronze dagger with a success rate of 13.8% =(. He can't gain any skill points past his 1, and when I go to the skill trainer in Hangate he says that Eelkuu already knows more than he can teach. I don't know how he got this way, It's probably not a common bug, and could easily be fixed by setting Eelkuus weapon-crafting to 5 (or more would be nice since I've attempted to make 29 daggers with no skill points to show lol).
I'm not sure uf you are confusing weapon making and blacksmithing skills. 1 point is not generally not enough to make bronze daggers (or do you mean copper ones?) 29 attempts may be above average not to gain a skill point but progress is random and it really is very slow. Items have to be made by the sackfull.