CRAFTING BUGS

Please report any bugs you are experiencing here

Moderators: Arkon, Top Team

Gregpooh
Knight: Church of Pants

Post by Gregpooh »

Thanks for adding the Alchemy Books, they are great. However, the same merchant is still selling crafting books from the old crafting system. Anyone reading the Armor or Weaponcrafting books is going to be very confused. Also, the book on smelting still mentions making bronze out of copper and tin. (see above post)

Done ~SD~
It takes a [b]Viking[/b] to Raze a Village.
Gregpooh

Post by Gregpooh »

Check the prices for tanning acid and tanning oil at the person who trains you how to tan. The prices for a set of 10 bottles are way more than 10 times the price for a single bottle. In one case, almost 100 times highter [70 coin for 1, 7,000 coin for 10. (aprx)] Fixed, I think ~SD~

Also, there is a big bottleneck in the tanning progression because the only skins you can tan to start with are bat skins. There seems to be a dearth of bats in Hala and Ysgard. We beg you on bended knee to start an agressive bat repopulation program in the many caves on Hala and Ysgard. :wink:
silverdragonams
Head DM

Post by silverdragonams »

I'll check the prices on tanning supplies.

I added a cave full of bats last update.
Characters:
[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=Sarakin_Fyne]Sarakin Fyne[/url]

www.anotherworlddesign.etsy.com
Idonia
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by Idonia »

On a berrian mold placeable... when you open it you get the sound of a door being closed and opened. :/
[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=PCs:Lily]Lily[/url]
silverdragonams
Head DM

I think thats hard coded....
Characters:

Gregpooh

Post by Gregpooh »

Is it possible that the bats in the cave were set as an epic level spawn by accident? :?: The only character I have seen who spawns them is Xai.

If they are a timed spawn, you might want to check on their timing. It seems very long. The (ic info not mentioned) creatures nearby respawned twice and the bats still did not spawn.

On a related note, are there any leathercrafting stations on Hala? The only ones I have seen have all been on Ysgard. (don't need a location, a y/n is fine).

Brewing is working all right for Seamus. Never get the TMI error myself.
silverdragonams
Head DM

Is it possible that the bats in the cave were set as an epic level spawn by accident? The only character I have seen who spawns them is Xai
No, they just have a long respawn time to prevent people from camping resources.

edit: You were probably in the cave after the spawns were taken out for DM purposes. What Xai encountered were temporary replacements. Thats why they didnt respawn.
On a related note, are there any leathercrafting stations on Hala? The only ones I have seen have all been on Ysgard. (don't need a location, a y/n is fine).
Not at the moment. I only replaced exsisting crafting stations for the most part.
Characters:

Xanthalas
Loremaster

Post by Xanthalas »

There goes my dreams of being batman!
[i]I live yet do not live in me,
am waiting as my life goes by,
and die because I do not die.
- St John of the Cross.[/i]

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=User:Xanthalas][size=75]WIKI INFO[/size][/url]
Gregpooh

Post by Gregpooh »

Here's a bit of a quirk:

I can sell a bat skin to the merchants. Once I have tanned it into a cured leather hide, however, it shows up as stolen goods! :shock:

Who knew the Bat community had a neighborhood watch program? :D

Done Next Update~SD
darkserra
Craftmaster

Post by darkserra »

Cooking bug,

Silver, I am still getting the TMI error with cooking, even though I put all the required ingredients in the first screen of my character. I noticed that the ingredients are not being consumed from the first screen, but on some type of randomn pick

Also, after I received the TMI error, I immediately wen to the alchemey stand and crafted, but did not received the error, it worked no problem.

*scratches head*
-- [i]People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.[/i]
George Orwell
Xanthalas
Loremaster

Post by Xanthalas »

Mining mace bug. No worky with the hitting and the smashing and the mining and the improper tool error messages and the thing... yeah.

Mining Mace no worky... :(

Done ~SD~
[i]I live yet do not live in me,
am waiting as my life goes by,
and die because I do not die.
- St John of the Cross.[/i]

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=User:Xanthalas][size=75]WIKI INFO[/size][/url]
Gregpooh

Post by Gregpooh »

The "Spring Cleaning" Seems to have wiped out the Camphor trees in the Nagritch Bridge area. Likely the mushrooms as well.

*Edit* Oh, and the birds nests too. Heck, ALL the crafting materials in those areas appear to be gone. (Maybe they drowned?) :)

Done ~SD~
Last edited by Gregpooh on Sun May 28, 2006 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
albonia

Post by albonia »

The logs that drop from the trees you chop are all unidentified at the moment.

Done Next Update ~SD
A quote from a mage, without my magic I am just an Elf in a bathrobe.
Gregpooh

Post by Gregpooh »

Hey Silver,

I am banging my head against the wall when it comes to leathercrafting. I can make tons of cured small hides, but nothing else. The only 2 options I have for making items on the rack are a small spell bag and leather bracers. I have all the leatherworking materials I can possibly think of, including all the metal leatherworking materials, studs, etc. In Copper, Bronze, and Iron even.

If these items require Tanned or Hardened leather to make, then you need to take a look at the skill progression, since no known recipies come up under either of those headings. It seems odd to me that I would know how to make a bag, but not first learn how to tan the leather I need to make the bag? Does that make sense?

Also, the costs for the leather materials are very high compared to any of the other crafts. Just the salt to cure 1 bat hide costs over 70 gold. Considering what a whole suit of leather or studded leather sells for in the shops, this seems incredibly high.

Am I missing something incredibly obvious? HELP!

Done ~SD~
silverdragonams
Head DM

I'll take a look at it tomorrow. The skill progression probaby isnt set right. It's one of those things I can adjust without people to test it. So, thanks :)
Characters:

darkserra
Craftmaster

Post by darkserra »

Silver,

The trade journals are starting to duplicate in the players inventories. You can't drop/trade/trash them. So far, I have collected 5....

If we collect 52, can we turn them in for a Deck of Many Things? :D

Hopefully Fixed ~SD~
-- [i]People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.[/i]
George Orwell
corwink
Wiki Pioneer

Post by corwink »

lol, it happened to me and jenai too. I had 4 and jenai had 5. D'art took the extra ones off us though.

corwink
Gone
albonia

Post by albonia »

Ginah has 4 of the trade journals now. For some reason the game has started giving you a journal every time you log in.
A quote from a mage, without my magic I am just an Elf in a bathrobe.
Psye Shaar
Assistant Head DM

Post by Psye Shaar »

This is known about and will be sorted asap. In the meantime, DM's will remove the extras as we see them on you :)
Gregpooh

Post by Gregpooh »

Hello again.

1) I was looking at the woodcrafting and I made a hilt mold. Then I went and tried to make something with it. (failed, *snif* but at least I have my ingredients now! :) )

Then I went back to make more hilt molds. Every time I get a success now, though, I get no item. I had several successes. There is plenty of open space in my inventory. I succeeded with both identified and unidentified pieces of wood with the same non-result. I also successfully created Dart shafts and got nothing. My skill did increase when I got some of the successes, just no item given. Manathor was making weapon handles on the same station last night and succeeded several times, and got handles each time. Oh, and I was in Ysgard, and I tried to relog to see if the issue would clear up. That is all the relevant information I can think of. <-Hoping recompiling the scripts fixes this. Let me know if its any better.

2) Did you make any changes to the Leather Crafting? The options in the smoking oven look different, but it might be because my skill improved. I still see no options for tanning or hardening leather on the tanning rack, however. <- Attempted to fix, but I'm not entirely sure why its doing this. These do show up, but you need more skill than you should. Let me know if it's working better. ~SD~
Gregpooh

Post by Gregpooh »

*More info*

The above mentioned woodcrafting bug appears to be a per station thing. That is, I can use each station successfully for one entire session. (or even multiple sessions if I do no other type of crafting) In Nagritch, where there are 2 stations, I was able to use one, and the other was broken as above. Strangely enough, using the one station successfully seems to 'reset' things and makes the other station work again. Therefore, as long as there is more than one station in an area, the bug can be fixed in game.
Gregpooh

Post by Gregpooh »

No change on the leatherworking side of things. Still no options for tanning or hardening leathers available.

2) Did you make any changes to the Leather Crafting? The options in the smoking oven look different, but it might be because my skill improved. I still see no options for tanning or hardening leather on the tanning rack, however. <- Attempted to fix, but I'm not entirely sure why its doing this. These do show up, but you need more skill than you should. Let me know if it's working better. ~SD~
How much skill should you need exactly? It's hard to say if it's broken or not without knowing. Still it seems to me that tanning and hardening would be a neccessary first step (well, second after curing). Should you be able to at least Tan small hides at a relatively low level of skill? If you should, then its still broke.
<-Hoping recompiling the scripts fixes this. Let me know if its any better.
Didn't notice any change in behavior on this one. The quick fix IG is to try and make a Club or a Quarterstaff. For some reason, making one of these correctly can often reset the system. [/i]
silverdragonams
Head DM

How much skill should you need exactly? It's hard to say if it's broken or not without knowing. Still it seems to me that tanning and hardening would be a neccessary first step (well, second after curing). Should you be able to at least Tan small hides at a relatively low level of skill? If you should, then its still broke.
If its still not showing up for you then its still broken. I'll see if I can figure it out next week.
Characters:

Gregpooh

Post by Gregpooh »

It's still not showing up for me. (Leathercraft skill 20 something)

Also the bug from the woodcraft has migrated over to the leathercrafting. We now get nothing for a successful leathercraft attempt.

Oh, and whatever you did to make Badger pelts and Deer pelts show up before worked, but it made both badger and bat pelts green level difficulty, even at skills as low as 15. So now it is very difficult to raise the leathercrafting skill higher. If we could tan and craft things out of the pelts at this level, it would not be a problem, but as it is now, advancement in leathercrafting is pretty much at a standstill.

Just one more thing for you to worry about, I know. Try not to get too stressed over it. I'm not griping, just reporting on the situation as it now stands.
Odin Hammersong
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Odin Hammersong »

The garlic plants spawn Barley and unidentified garlic bulbs. A good effort at hybrids, perhaps? :)

I need to know exactly which plants are doing this. Thanks. ~SD
"All tryin' to do as we should, but that doesn't always rhyme with doin' what feels good"

[quote="micah ormane"]I'm dedicated? I just take your spells away then abandon you!

Muah ha ha! RP that, bitch![/quote]