CRAFTING BUGS

Please report any bugs you are experiencing here

Moderators: Arkon, Top Team

Gregpooh
Knight: Church of Pants

Post by Gregpooh »

Xanthalas wrote:Not sure if this has been noticed or mentioned. But Healing kits+1 don't appear upon a success, I've made probably 20 of them.. and got nothing.
Hey dude,

It's a known issue. Something gets stuck in the scritpt. You can clear it by doing the following:

1. Go to saw horse
2. Select 'other' - 'hilt mold'
3. When it says 'you have selected hilt mold do you wish to continue?' pick 'no'
4. Use the back select to go back to the original screen, then repeat steps 2 & 3, this time choosing 'yes' at the end.

Even if you have no wood in your inventory this will reset the crafting system and allow you to make other things.

Somthing about using the Anvil or the Tailor's table causes this effect, so every time you make gauze for healing kits you should do this. I've gotten into the habit of doing it every time I begin a round of Alchemy, just in case.
It takes a [b]Viking[/b] to Raze a Village.
Chemical-Burn
Knight of the Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Chemical-Burn »

such a trick can be done anywhere. I have gotten into the habit of going all the way then selecting "no" to make something everytime i use a crafting table. I do it on the alchemy table with whatever i hit first, then it works fine after. I have never used the sawhorse to then go and work on the alchemy table.

Is it strange that one time my character failed making cotton gauze when its green?

There is always a chance at failing to make an item, regardless of your crafting skill. DS
Xanthalas
Loremaster

Post by Xanthalas »

Gregpooh wrote:
Xanthalas wrote:Not sure if this has been noticed or mentioned. But Healing kits+1 don't appear upon a success, I've made probably 20 of them.. and got nothing.
Hey dude,
Tubular, Awesome bra' Cowabunga!

(Thanks)
[i]I live yet do not live in me,
am waiting as my life goes by,
and die because I do not die.
- St John of the Cross.[/i]

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=User:Xanthalas][size=75]WIKI INFO[/size][/url]
Starslayer_D
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Starslayer_D »

recipes for wine and fish n chips produce too many instruction errors.

Starslayer, if you are getting a TMI, you have too items in your inventory. Try dropping/removing some stuff. It will work. DS
Gregpooh

Post by Gregpooh »

The Amethysts you get when mining are not the same as the other Amethysts found in the game. They will not stack with each other and the mined ones do not work in crafting recipes.

Seamus, you are correct, they are different items. Minable amethysts will be the only type you can use after the next update. DS

Why not make them the same item? Having 2 different Amethysts in the game is way confusing, and spawns drop a lot of them.

***UPDATE***

This recipe no longer works at all. Neither type of Amethyst is recognised now.
Seamus, after fixing my 'fat-finger' mistake on the script, it should work. DS
Gregpooh

Post by Gregpooh »

DS,

Did you increase the difficulty on the 'excellent' longswords, or did my skill unexpectedly decrease? Just wondering.

Seamus, I haven't changed them, but they are really hard to make. DS
Gregpooh

Post by Gregpooh »

Battle Devourers in Hangate have stopped dropping lobes when killed.

Seamus, Due to complaints about the excessive number of lobes being dropped, now only certain devourers drop lobes. DS

IMHO, you've gone too far the other way. Isn't there some way to have the devourers in the mines drop lobes say 25% of the time? (something like the juicy beetles at the farm)? I am having trouble finding any lobes to use now.
Last edited by Gregpooh on Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soul Hunter
Major DM

Post by Soul Hunter »

Type of Bug -Crafting resources
Area of Bug Exploit -Fields of Ysgard, if you travel all the way east from the bridge to Hala until you are forced to turn north , in the first area north , has L shaped Hills
NPCs involved None
Chests involved None
Timestamp on when it happened about 2000 MST
Frequency of occurance. at least once

The Garlic in the North est corner gives you barley instead of garlic

this also happened in the next area north of that in the camp of ogres and orcs

This is a known bug.. the barley and garlic were mixed up during implementation of the crafting system. This will be fixed eventually. DS
Meredia
Knight of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by Meredia »

If you craft an item and your inventory is full, it will drop two of the crafted items onto the ground at your feet instead of just one. It's done it with the tailoring items I've made (silk, large/small sheets of cloth) and didn't have room for.

This is a well-known bug. We don't know why it happens, and we are working to try and fix it. Since it has been announced before, it is considered a bannable offense if anyone is caught taking advantage of this bug. DS

This issue is fixed.
Gregpooh

Post by Gregpooh »

The Description for Shadow weapons says the following:

"Gold weapons are often imbued with negative energy"

Well crap. I'll get this fixed. Which shadow weapons was it? DS
Gregpooh

Post by Gregpooh »

Gregpooh wrote:The Description for Shadow weapons says the following:

"Gold weapons are often imbued with negative energy"

Well crap. I'll get this fixed. Which shadow weapons was it? DS
All if them, (I think) The same description exists for Great Axes and Bastard swords, so I assumed it was a generic description that was cut and pasted into all the shadow weapon types.

Two other crafting things with the new stuff:

1: All of the battle axes are unidentified when you create them

2: Rubicite weapons seem to have been skipped over on many of the weapons where you added the new weapon types. I'll see if I can get a complete list together of what weapon types are missing which metals.

1. Fixed
2. Fixed
DS
Gregpooh

Post by Gregpooh »

The recipe for Essence of fire is no longer working. I've tried several of the older variations of the recipe to see if things had somehow reverted to a previous state. No success.

I changed the recipe. DS
Zombie
Veteran DM

Post by Zombie »

Every time i use the cooking i get a too many instructions error, loose the craftables and am unsucessfull. Something is working as I have been awarded 28 crafting xp so far.

Zombie, there is always a chance to earn an XP point for a failure. A small chance. You have a much higher chance of learning XP if you get a success, which means removing somethings from your inventory to prevent the TMI. DS
Grovel puts the P in swimming pool.
Small in stature, large in power, narrow of focus and wide of vision
My play/DM times: [url]http://www.ysgard.org/viewtopic.php?highlight=play&t=7671[/url]
Gregpooh

Post by Gregpooh »

Horray for the new arrow options!! 2 minor bugs I've noticed.

1. Seyenite bolts are missing from the stack. It jumps from Rubicite directly to Mithril.

2. The list for arrows shows up as: Silver, Verdicite, Silver, Silver, Silver; the last three being rubicite, seyenite, and mithril, respectively. They work fine, just labled incorrectly.

*gleefully runs off to make more arrows*

1. Fixed
2. Fixed
DS
badjabadjabadja
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by badjabadjabadja »

Server: Hala
Date/time: 8th Jan

When using the cooking fire in Nagritch to make jerky, got a 'aquired item: scythe' message, although on examination, it was in fact jerky.

Server: Ysgard
Date/time: 11th Jan, 00:10 GMT

While crafting in the Bastion centre, I attempted the mining mace & woodworker's axe .. & on success/ fail i got this:
the message comes up as: "You have successfully created . Would you like to try again?" or "You have failed to create . would you like to try again?"
Now I know the work-around for this.. & I tried going back to the horse & doing the trick with club/staff, this allowed me to make daggers/shortswords successfully on the anvil again, but no matter what I tried, I kept getting the same error when trying the mining mace or the woodworkers axe. I tried again with a skinning knife, & that was fine, but both the mace/axe were no-shows every time, & on every anvil.

Sounds like there may be a scripting problem with those items. I will look into it. DS

**update**

Redda succesfully made these on the Hala server... but.. since the server move they seem to have disappeared from the list of crafting options.. There is a 'Smithy hammer' & 'woodcrafting axe'.

The woodworkers / woodcrafting axes seem to serve the same purpose (slight difference in item description) , & i can guess what the smithy hammer ~will~ be needed for, but.. no sign of the mining mace anywhere.

**update** There is a difference between the Ysgard and Hala servers right now regarding crafting. Some things will work on Hala, but not on Ysgard. We are working on getting things fixed. These items do work on Hala. The mining mace was a test that didn't work out, the only mining tool you will be able to make is the mining pick. Yes, the woodcrafting axe and the woodworkers axe are the same tool. I changed the name to make it clearer that it was needed for the saw horse. DS
ChukchiDog
Location: Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Fish. With chips.

Post by ChukchiDog »

Been trying to make Fish n Chips for weeks and weeks. Thought I just needed some esoteric ingredient, but just recently another player told me they had been able to attempt it with stuff I have had in my inventory all along.

Since then I have been able to attempt it a few times but it sometimes takes one ingredient that the other player said they did not have when they attempted it, and I believe I have also been able to make the attempt without that ingredient.

More often than not, though (like 90 percent of the time), even when I have all the ingredients I need (including the "possible" ingredient), I get the "You do not have the stuff you need to make that" message.

The few times I was able to attempt it I also got error messages, but that might have been because I had a lot of stuff in my inventory. Tried it with a smaller inventory but so far when I do have always got the "Don't have the right stuff" message.

This seems to happen both with my own cooking kit and Hella's big pot.

I have never successfully made Fish n Chips, but that is not surprising as I have only managed to get it to let me try it about 4 times.

Help! Thanks!

I will look into the recipe to ensure it works. DS
BPanther

mining

Post by BPanther »

humm.. dont think its a bug but.

there is nice mining tools as base types axe and mace. made me wonder if it was meant to allow all character types to practice mining.
but my character cant use either so why not add mining tool as base type of club too?

Sorry, you will need the Martial skill, as all mining tools need to have some type of metal component (ie mace/pick). DS
<@HumbugCause> Lir's in and out more than a red light girl's regular :P
<@CoffeeDragon> Sorry Lir, I traded you to Zombie this morning for 2 cookies and a collectible digipokimonster card.
Idonia
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by Idonia »

Making apple juice is as smooth as pudding. I'm succeeding, and I'm getting my skillpoints...

But no apple juice.

Yes, that's right...

The apple juice is no longer being spontaneously generated into my inventory.

I checked IG and it worked for me. Sometimes the crafting placeables stop working. Usually making a hilt mold on the sawhorse fixes this. Or waiting till the next reset. DS
[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=PCs:Lily]Lily[/url]
Soul Hunter
Major DM

Post by Soul Hunter »

Tried to make arrows at the fletcher's desk in the crating are of the University and it came up with my Fletching skill but gave me the menu for the Alchemist table. Same thing happened to the bowyer's Rack.

If I go use the Tailors rack and then come back to the fletcher's it then gives me the tailors menu.

This only started since the last reset.

There was a bug in several crafting scripts. It has been fixed and should be fine after the next reset. If this continues, please let me know. DS
Gregpooh

Post by Gregpooh »

There is no "shadow ore Mace" as an option in the weapons crafting.

Fixed. Shadow mace added, but it may take awhile before it shows up. DS
Akai
Wearer of the Holy Pants

two major bugs with gemcutting

Post by Akai »

Ran into a couple bugs with gemcrafting:

The gemcutter teacher asks for 50 gp but takes 5k.

The first time Soleis learned, there was a restart shortly after, and after the restart, his skill had vanished (even though he rested after learning and before the restart). He had to pay another 5k and learn again.

I've just noticed that the skill has vanished again. There's been another restart, but I didn't notice whether the skill vanished after a relog or just after a restart (or after going to Ysgard).

I will look into this.
The cost for gemcrafting IS 5000gp, the gem trainer has been fixed. Still looking into your skill disappearing. DS
badjabadjabadja

Post by badjabadjabadja »

Confirming Akai's post ~ i rested & then saved after gem-training.. & on logging back in next day the 5xp had disappeared.

Also.. i had mined some rough Malachite, i had 2 stacks in my inventory, upon relogging i got the message ~

lost item - Malacite
lost item - Malacite

... & sure enough it was gone :-o

Gem crafting is bugged. I am working on the problems, but it may take awhile to fix. DS

This issue is fixed.
ghostgurl

Crafting / gem cutting I have found a bug/bugs

Post by ghostgurl »

FIRST
I am not the first but.. For the above where you dont get your Malachite I have found "from another source" if you say no for the first time when you want to cut rough and say yes second time it works fine..

SECOND
Amethyst I can cut not the rough but "Cut Amethyst" gives you back Malachite... Not Amethyst..

Is that a bug?
I am just cutting and saving them trying to figure how to make enchanted amulets and rings so far no luck..

Perin's Superior

Thank you for the information, I will look into it. DS

This issue is fixed.
Gregpooh

Post by Gregpooh »

The newly reminted Longsword of light can be used only by good characters, but the Longsword of Darkness can be used by anyone.

The new Adamantine deposit (you know where it is) does not give ore on a successful mining attempt.

Fixed. DS
charlierazor

Post by charlierazor »

The Master Jewelry Crafter has the same script as the Master Gem Crafter, consequently both are acting like the Master Gem Crafter.

Will be fixed in next mod load. DS
-Charlie