Hala

The Heroic Domain of Ysgard
It is currently Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:29 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 1012 Next
 Post subject: Fish. With chips.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:57 pm 
Knight: Church of Pants

Location: Second star to the right and straight on till morning
Been trying to make Fish n Chips for weeks and weeks. Thought I just needed some esoteric ingredient, but just recently another player told me they had been able to attempt it with stuff I have had in my inventory all along.

Since then I have been able to attempt it a few times but it sometimes takes one ingredient that the other player said they did not have when they attempted it, and I believe I have also been able to make the attempt without that ingredient.

More often than not, though (like 90 percent of the time), even when I have all the ingredients I need (including the "possible" ingredient), I get the "You do not have the stuff you need to make that" message.

The few times I was able to attempt it I also got error messages, but that might have been because I had a lot of stuff in my inventory. Tried it with a smaller inventory but so far when I do have always got the "Don't have the right stuff" message.

This seems to happen both with my own cooking kit and Hella's big pot.

I have never successfully made Fish n Chips, but that is not surprising as I have only managed to get it to let me try it about 4 times.

Help! Thanks!

I will look into the recipe to ensure it works. DS

Post subject: mining
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:40 am 
Knight of the Holy Church of Big Mouths

humm.. dont think its a bug but.

there is nice mining tools as base types axe and mace. made me wonder if it was meant to allow all character types to practice mining.
but my character cant use either so why not add mining tool as base type of club too?

Sorry, you will need the Martial skill, as all mining tools need to have some type of metal component (ie mace/pick). DS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:03 pm 
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Making apple juice is as smooth as pudding. I'm succeeding, and I'm getting my skillpoints...

But no apple juice.

Yes, that's right...

The apple juice is no longer being spontaneously generated into my inventory.

I checked IG and it worked for me. Sometimes the crafting placeables stop working. Usually making a hilt mold on the sawhorse fixes this. Or waiting till the next reset. DS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:11 am 
Major DM

Tried to make arrows at the fletcher's desk in the crating are of the University and it came up with my Fletching skill but gave me the menu for the Alchemist table. Same thing happened to the bowyer's Rack.

If I go use the Tailors rack and then come back to the fletcher's it then gives me the tailors menu.

This only started since the last reset.

There was a bug in several crafting scripts. It has been fixed and should be fine after the next reset. If this continues, please let me know. DS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:03 am 

There is no "shadow ore Mace" as an option in the weapons crafting.

Fixed. Shadow mace added, but it may take awhile before it shows up. DS

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:52 pm 
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Ran into a couple bugs with gemcrafting:

The gemcutter teacher asks for 50 gp but takes 5k.

The first time Soleis learned, there was a restart shortly after, and after the restart, his skill had vanished (even though he rested after learning and before the restart). He had to pay another 5k and learn again.

I've just noticed that the skill has vanished again. There's been another restart, but I didn't notice whether the skill vanished after a relog or just after a restart (or after going to Ysgard).

I will look into this.
The cost for gemcrafting IS 5000gp, the gem trainer has been fixed. Still looking into your skill disappearing. DS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:26 pm 
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Confirming Akai's post ~ i rested & then saved after gem-training.. & on logging back in next day the 5xp had disappeared.

Also.. i had mined some rough Malachite, i had 2 stacks in my inventory, upon relogging i got the message ~

lost item - Malacite
lost item - Malacite

... & sure enough it was gone :-o

Gem crafting is bugged. I am working on the problems, but it may take awhile to fix. DS

This issue is fixed.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:17 pm 
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

FIRST
I am not the first but.. For the above where you dont get your Malachite I have found "from another source" if you say no for the first time when you want to cut rough and say yes second time it works fine..

SECOND
Amethyst I can cut not the rough but "Cut Amethyst" gives you back Malachite... Not Amethyst..

Is that a bug?
I am just cutting and saving them trying to figure how to make enchanted amulets and rings so far no luck..

Perin's Superior

Thank you for the information, I will look into it. DS

This issue is fixed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:17 pm 

The newly reminted Longsword of light can be used only by good characters, but the Longsword of Darkness can be used by anyone.

The new Adamantine deposit (you know where it is) does not give ore on a successful mining attempt.

Fixed. DS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:40 am 
Knight of the Holy Church of Big Mouths

The Master Jewelry Crafter has the same script as the Master Gem Crafter, consequently both are acting like the Master Gem Crafter.

Will be fixed in next mod load. DS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:19 pm 

The recipe for "Essence of Light" seems strangely bugged. When I try it, I get the TMI error, but I get at the end of the attempt, usually such errors come right at the beginning. I pared my inventory down well past the point where such errors usually go away, yet they persist. Also, after the error, it goes through about half a dozen "you've lost, You've aquired" cycles, and I end up with more opal than I started with.

Additionally, I mined a bunch of malachite today. Over a half hour, and half a dozen transitions later, I had a crash. When I logged back in, ALL the malachite I mined was gone. Everything else I had picked up during that time, loot, gold, xp etc, was still there. Weird.

I will look into the essence problem. Malachite is bugged, as has been mentioned. Rough malachite will disappear from your inventory. I'm working on this, but its going to take awhile. DS

Malachite is fixed. Still working on the Essence.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 10:48 pm 
Whelp of the Unholy Church of Newbieism

In Alchemy, under Misc Potion, it lists two potions of Lore. I would guess that one of them should be something else?

I will look into the problem. DS

Fixed. The second Lore potion was actually Potion of Sight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 11:47 pm 
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Can we please change the appearance model for Ginger so it doesn't look exactly like Ettercap Glands?

I don't see that happening. 1. The ginger is in the hakpak and would require me to rip it apart to change it. 2. There are only so many different items in the palette, so I could only change the ginger to look like something else. Sorry. DS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:33 pm 
Whelp of the Unholy Church of Newbieism

upholstery_imp wrote:
Making apple juice is as smooth as pudding. I'm succeeding, and I'm getting my skillpoints...

But no apple juice.

Yes, that's right...

The apple juice is no longer being spontaneously generated into my inventory.

I checked IG and it worked for me. Sometimes the crafting placeables stop working. Usually making a hilt mold on the sawhorse fixes this. Or waiting till the next reset. DS

I'm only new to Hala, so i'm not sure if this is an ongoing issue, but
This has happened to me over the past few days.
It has happened at different times with:
Apple Juice
Wheatgerm Oil
Cotton Gauze
Healing Kits +1

Im not sure what causes it to happen, there seems to be no obvious cause.
But once I notice it happen, Ive found that i can fix the problem by saving my character and then logging out, then after logging back in and returning to crafting, the problem is fixed for a while.

Problem is, I need to be paying attention to the crafting window to make sure i notice when it happens, so i dont loose pages of resources for nothing.. LOL

I advised p0m about this last night, and told him i would post here.

-Snipes

This is a long-term problem with the crafting system due to the way scripts and variables are handled by the game engine. Several of the team are working on the problems, but in the meantime, you will have just have to watch for the system not producing items. Usually making a hilt mold on the sawhorse will fix it. DS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:06 pm 

On the tanning rack, there is no option for making leather strips. I can make more complex things, belts, bags, etc, so I am guessing it's not a matter of having too little skill.

As long as you have to go in and mess with this, would it be possible to make options for making strips out of different sized hides? ie.. maybe a small gives one each, a med gives 5 and a large gives a bundle of 10?

Thanks.

Leather strips is broken, as it has been from day one.... guess you forgot. Go buy them... DS

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 1012 Next