An issue when moving t odifferent servers

Please report any bugs you are experiencing here

Moderators: Arkon, Top Team

Zombie
Veteran DM

An issue when moving t odifferent servers

Post by Zombie »

I have noticed something slightly anoying when moving between worlds (hala and Hades for example). The transition takes you t owhere you last were on the server, not where the portal exits.

Example: I reacently moved a character from Hades to Hala. He arived where the Hades portal used to be, not where it is now. Logicly he should have appeared where the Hades portal currently is. If I go back to Hades from Hala, then from Hades to Greyhawk and finaly from Greyhawk to Hala i wil larive at the Hades portal, which is the last place i was on the server, not at the Greyhawk portal.

I dont think there is anything that can be done about it, but it is just a little anoying at times.
Grovel puts the P in swimming pool.
Small in stature, large in power, narrow of focus and wide of vision
My play/DM times: [url]http://www.ysgard.org/viewtopic.php?highlight=play&t=7671[/url]
Arkon
World Leader

Post by Arkon »

This is a known problem that has been around for a long time. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesnt.. So far i haven't been able to find a cause or a solution to it. Sorry :(
Respect is Earned! Fear is Demanded!
terror2001
Knight of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by terror2001 »

I believe we fixed that problem on Greyhawk. Arkon should get a PM with the fixed code soon.

{Edit} So found out we have not fixed the problem yet, but have identified the piece in the Avlis code that is the problem.

Unrelated: Not sure why the portal isn't allowing passage. I'll get with the Hala team to find out.
Last edited by terror2001 on Fri May 12, 2006 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zombie
Veteran DM

Post by Zombie »

Oh. The Hala portal to greyhawk isnt working.
Grovel puts the P in swimming pool.
Small in stature, large in power, narrow of focus and wide of vision
My play/DM times: [url]http://www.ysgard.org/viewtopic.php?highlight=play&t=7671[/url]
terror2001

Post by terror2001 »

terror2001 wrote:I believe we fixed that problem on Greyhawk. Arkon should get a PM with the fixed code soon.

{Edit} So found out we have not fixed the problem yet, but have identified the piece in the Avlis code that is the problem.

Unrelated: Not sure why the portal isn't allowing passage. I'll get with the Hala team to find out.
Found out that piece of code has been isolated and fixed on Greyhawk. You now show up where you are supposed to in these scenarios.
Last edited by terror2001 on Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Player of:
Vicky (Vilia the Fairy)
Arkon
World Leader

Post by Arkon »

please send code :)
Respect is Earned! Fear is Demanded!
terror2001

Post by terror2001 »

Code emailed to you. :)