Loss of XP and Items on return to Avlis from Ysgard

Please report any bugs you are experiencing here

Moderators: Arkon, Top Team

Jedisniper
Whelp of the Unholy Church of Newbieism

Loss of XP and Items on return to Avlis from Ysgard

Post by Jedisniper »

I portalled over from Avlis to Ysgard about 3 or so hours ago.

Ran around for a few hours, had a few monster encounters and then changed the appearances of 2 of my PC's Katanas (the purpose of the trip) then headed back to Avlis.

I saved my character on Ysgard before using the portal to head back, and then went through.

When i reached Avlis, i received a message in the chat window saying "The server you should be on is Ysgard" I checked my exp and inventory, and found that it was the same as it was when i left Avlis 3 hours ago. The XP i had gained in Ysgard was gone, and the weapons i changed the appearance of were back to normal.

It appears as though the updated information on my .bic didn't follow my character through from Ysgard back to Avlis.

So anyway, I jumped back to Ysgard to try to fix the problem, but when i logged in there, the module loaded up my character's .bic from about 6 months ago, not the one i had just saved :(

Not sure what the problem is, but I just thought i should note it here for the Hala team.
If someone could look into this, it would be greatly appreciated.

If my .bic didnt save properly before i left Ysgard and can't be restored, i'm happy to use the most recent one from Avlis and not worry about the items and xp i gained on Ysgard while i was there. I won't use that PC again until i hear from the the Hala Team.

PC Name: Holandar Blackmane
GS: Lord Grax

Also, I met up with another PC on the Staircase that was going to Avlis also, who portalled back to Avlis without any issue.
That PC's name was: Tay'Lana
GS:CallofTheWild

Thanks in advance.

-Snipes
LadyPhoenix77
Knight: Church of Pants
Location: Whats the use of have names if you lose all your friends. That's where I'm from.

Post by LadyPhoenix77 »

This should be resolved on Hala's end now, though you will need Avlis to check your vault. You had 2 copies of your character and it was confusing the 2. Probably the easiest would be to have Avlis delete all copies and reportal over from Ysgard again.

Also please double check the one on Ysgard and confirm that it is the correct one.
Jedisniper
Whelp of the Unholy Church of Newbieism

Post by Jedisniper »

Thankyou for the quick reply LP77.

I'll contact the Avlis team about my vault on their end.
I've checked the .bic on Ysgard and it is now the correct version.

Thanks heaps for sorting this.

-Snipes