Bear juggling blues..

Please report any bugs you are experiencing here

Moderators: Arkon, Top Team

badjabadjabadja
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Bear juggling blues..

Post by badjabadjabadja »

Okies.. I think I worked this one out.. but.. here goes anyway:

I need a pack animal for the crafting TMI errors (ie. drop enough of my inventory onto the animal to avoid them errors) .. & my PC likes bears.. so i get a bear (also handy for hauling logs & ore)

Only thing is.. I keep finding bears.. so. I collect them. Problem was.. having 3 bears (ones a companion) & finding a 4th..

Bear Juggling! :D

BUT! they got grumpy & started fighting.. aah.. so I tried various combinations.. formed various theories.. then realised that the bear with fewer hp was also a paid-for pack bear... (doesn't say where the other bear came from) Aah! ~throws theories away & tries to examine said bear for poisoning~

Despite it saying I'd persuded it to follow me.. couldn't examine stats or inventory.. so I abandoned it & re-persueded it.. yup.. lowered Con.. & a stack of wood. Healed the thing up.. & woo! bears no longer fighting!

I think this was caused by someone logging out without releasing the pack animal (abandoning it) & so was triggering off some sort of one way faction error. Abandoning it myself seems to have reset the bug!

Just thought this may be useful if anyone else has animal control problems.. specially inside the pack-animal barns.. like here :oops:

PS I left the wood-laden bear near the forge in Mirtho if anyone was wondering.. have fun finding the right one! :D
Akai
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Akai »

I've found that often if I crash, when I log back in, my pack bear is hostile, or if not hostile, still won't let me talk to it. This usually goes away after 10 min. or so.
badjabadjabadja
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by badjabadjabadja »

Akai wrote:I've found that often if I crash, when I log back in, my pack bear is hostile, or if not hostile, still won't let me talk to it. This usually goes away after 10 min. or so.
I've never seen one hostile to me.. but yup after a crash I have to go thru the cycle of:

persuede, abandon, persuede again

before I can examine the inventory.

Where the bear is perceived as hostile by another packbear, is when they've been 'crash/logged-bereft' of an owner, & then ani-emp'd by my PC, then released from domination. Why this pining for their previous owner is viewed with animosity by other bears.. no idea..

*wanders off looking for bears & Lexys* :D