Imunity to death Magic

Please report any bugs you are experiencing here

Moderators: Arkon, Top Team

Frido
Whelp of the Unholy Church of Newbieism

Imunity to death Magic

Post by Frido »

Character name Frido Teagagalle having problems with death magic. I use immunity to death magic, death sentinal potions, and it does not work. I make the savings throw vs death. This problem came about recently I have been using them for a long time with out problems. I fight next to people that use the potions too and it seems to work for them. Is this a bug?
whirlin_merlin
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by whirlin_merlin »

I think you still roll saves but don't die even if you fail. There's not really a problem if you don't die is there? :)
ghostgurl

Post by ghostgurl »

I have also Insta-DP Below Mirtho with the Drider Sourcer's When they do the Spell with the Really Big Black thingy. I use Draught of Death's Sentenneal (Death Ward 9) and yup I go right to the halls. I wonder, is this is another type of magic? It Says (Unknown spell when casted)
Curious to know.
Frido

Post by Frido »

Well the problem is I am dieing.
Frido

Post by Frido »

Every time they cast the death magic. :(
Lord Droke
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Lord Droke »

The spell the drider sorcerers cast I beleive to be an illusion based spell. It does have a save vs death, but I do not beleive it is death magic.

Edit
: spells like finger of death, powerword kill, slay living I believe to be specifically death magic. Where spells like Weird (I think that is what the driders cast) and phantasmal killer are illusions with death saves.
"Professional assasination is the highest form of public service" - Chiun, Master of Sinanju
Serenyddion

Post by Serenyddion »

Immunity to mind spells is what you need in order to be immune to weird, for what it's worth.
Lord Droke
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Lord Droke »

Like Protection from evil :D
"Professional assasination is the highest form of public service" - Chiun, Master of Sinanju
Druid523
Wiki Pioneer

Post by Druid523 »

Lord Droke wrote:Like Protection from evil :D
*mutters*
NWDuneAuron
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by NWDuneAuron »

As said above; Phantasmal Killer, Weird and Implosion are not death magic, and as such immunity to death magic doesn't do squat. Some other immunities do work for them.
whirlin_merlin

Post by whirlin_merlin »

NWDuneAuron wrote:As said above; Phantasmal Killer, Weird and Implosion are not death magic, and as such immunity to death magic doesn't do squat. Some other immunities do work for them.
Actually, my friend and I tested it on Hades and a Death Ward saved his imp from Implosion. Normally, I think you're right. Implosion is not death magic and immunity won't save you. Possible nerf? Offer might not be valid on Ysgard/Hala.
NWDuneAuron
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by NWDuneAuron »

Hades is not Hala, and not all spells work the same on all worlds.
whirlin_merlin

Post by whirlin_merlin »

NWDuneAuron wrote:Hades is not Hala, and not all spells work the same on all worlds.
whirlin_merlin wrote:
NWDuneAuron wrote:As said above; Phantasmal Killer, Weird and Implosion are not death magic, and as such immunity to death magic doesn't do squat. Some other immunities do work for them.
...Offer might not be valid on Ysgard/Hala.
;)