Everything in chest gone.

Please report any bugs you are experiencing here

Moderators: Arkon, Top Team

Lir'ana
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Everything in chest gone.

Post by Lir'ana »

Starlight Inn rm#2

Went to pay my rent and found my room chest empty. All items inside are Hala items. Probaly been a month since I was in there.
[b]"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."[/b] - [i]General MacArthur [/i]
GumbyCat
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by GumbyCat »

I rented that room last week. Are you sure you were paid up? Was your stuff in the chest at the front of the inn?
Lir'ana

Post by Lir'ana »

Pretty positive I am. I havn't signed in for about a month but was all paid and up to date last I was on. Also wouldn't it then take the key from me once I entered or left the room? Will check the chest when I get home from work tonight. But if this is the case than this means multiple people have the same room at the same time. that is not good either.
[b]"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."[/b] - [i]General MacArthur [/i]
Trinity
Veteran DM

Post by Trinity »

From my experiance if you are late for rent and loose your room, your key does get taken when you try to use it.....unless someone else rents the room. Then all your belongings will transfer to the chest at the door to the inn for a one time chance to grab your things(one time meaning they stay there till the next mod reload/reset)..in which case the old key you have must be trashed. The items inside the chests in that room are recorded by pc in the DB,so there is no chance that anyone took them.

I'm sure Arkon is soon going continue on were he left off concerning the inn. So I wouldnt be too concerned about loosing it as the inn will prolly be destroyed soon enough.
corwink
Wiki Pioneer

Post by corwink »

Trinity wrote: I'm sure Arkon is soon going continue on were he left off concerning the inn. So I wouldnt be too concerned about loosing it as the inn will prolly be destroyed soon enough.
As long as the hellball misses my house :D
Gone
Lord Droke

Post by Lord Droke »

Heh, that's why DM's can fire them multiple times, but don't worry if he misses I have one!! MWAHAHA!!! :wink:
"Professional assasination is the highest form of public service" - Chiun, Master of Sinanju
miyafawyn
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by miyafawyn »

so the answer from this post, to the other post about inn chests, is that they are all broken and shouldn't be used, right?
Trinity
Veteran DM

Post by Trinity »

They are not true persistance chests and are buggy...yes.
Arkon
World Leader

Post by Arkon »

Before my extended removal i was in the process of converting the chests over to a newer script. I am going to recontinue this so I am going to post an announcement and give players 2 weeks to get their stuff out of their chest at which point I am going to install new chests into the Inn
Respect is Earned! Fear is Demanded!
BPanther
Knight of the Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by BPanther »

I got my stuff back when i rented new room, all the itmes i did think was gone were moved to that new room chest.
<@HumbugCause> Lir's in and out more than a red light girl's regular :P
<@CoffeeDragon> Sorry Lir, I traded you to Zombie this morning for 2 cookies and a collectible digipokimonster card.