Psionic Power: Ultrablast

Please report any bugs you are experiencing here

Moderators: Arkon, Top Team

Druid523
Wiki Pioneer

Psionic Power: Ultrablast

Post by Druid523 »

I recently went to the were-cave on Ysgard to test out the Ultrablast power. I was hoping to answer GimpGenius' question about whether or not the bonus and failure occur when rolling 1s and 20s, respectively, on a power check.
Ultrablast
Roll 1: Enemies who fail their Will save die.
Roll 20: Psion passes out for 1d4 rounds.
When a 1 was rolled, none of those who failed their save died. However, unluckily, the first creature affected succeeded in their save (the rest did not). I recall a very old bug with the old version of Ultrablast where the first creature out of a group to save against Ultrablast "passed on" their success to the rest of the group, regardless of whether or not they failed their save. So if the first two creatures of a group of 5 failed their save, the third succeeded, and the last two failed, only the first two would die and the rest would be fine.

I ran out of PSPs (and used up my rest) before I could roll a 20 to see if I had to save versus passing out.

If it could be seen whether or not this bonus and failure are implemented in the first place (I think it should be, certainly!), and, if so, whether or not the above-mentioned quirk is occurring.

Thanks! :)

((When I am able to, I will test it out again to see if I roll any 1s or 20s to clarify the above.))