Quest NPCs

Please report any bugs you are experiencing here

Moderators: Arkon, Top Team

Sable
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Quest NPCs

Post by Sable »

Sooo, the OOC story behind an IC post some people have had a chuckle at :D

Was heading back to the CO keep when I figured I'd chat to the guy outside that I'd noticed a few times but not checked to see what he was about. (I'm aware he's now been relocated, so no problems there).

He says he has work and am I interested. Figure, what the hell lets see where this one goes...

Says to go chat with a couple of people at a certain place (not gonna give any spoilers if I can help it). So off we go.

First one says something to the effect "go get this thing by any means necessary", "what, you mean you want me to ask someone for it and if they say no do whatever it takes to get it off them>", "Yes" [*checks which character he's playing* yup, Sulavan. ooooo this isn't gonna go well.]

Alright, says I, its an NPC and I'm not sure how its going to be taken if I do this. *Scuttles off to check the forum for the server rules. Finds stuff about Merchants and Cities, quest NPCs are a little lacking*. "Hmmmm wonder if they fit under those categories."

Whilst pondering this, I chat to, we'll call him NPC2. "I have a rival and I'd like you to remove him", "WHAT?! you want me to MURDER someone?!", "Well, I'm not sure I'd call it that [evil laughter]". [*checks character again, rethinks about the rules, grey area and I'm the only one of the server right now. Go with the RP and suck it up later] "RIGHT THAT DOES IT!!!

*SMITE*
(eh? smite evil didn't work..? interesting...)

*auto agro from other NPC*

*SMITE*

Oh bugger!! they've got levels in commoner! OW OW OW OW OW!!

-------------

At the end of the day, I'm absolutely cool with sucking up the consequences of my actions. But would ask if it could be considered as to if they were meant to be evil and if the commoner levels were just part of a template rather than an intended concequence...?