Hala

The Heroic Domain of Ysgard
It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:14 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: 1.69 update problems
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:53 pm 
Head DM

Here are bugs we are aware of, please post any others you find.

Current Dragon Disciples are unable to log in. Your bic will need to be fixed. This will be done ASAP.

Strange doors in Tel

Invisible bandits, nagritch west edge done

Custom race creatures may have some appearance problems (this should be fixed this evening)

www.anotherworlddesign.etsy.com

Last edited by silverdragonams on Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:00 pm 
Whelp of the Unholy Church of Newbieism

When using psionics, some weird shield-looking thing now hovers over one's head. I don't think it's supposed to be there.

Also, the tents in New Nantes have wooden doors... not sure if they were supposed to be there.

Oh, one more thing. I just don't know if this is right or not, cuz I had never been there before, but in New Nantes cave where it splits between the ballista traps on the right and the lead-up to the bandits on the left, there were "warren rats" that were invisible and impossible to target, even with true sight on. Is that normal? (I'm a n00b, I know) Bloody things nearly killed me twice, and I only escaped using ectoplasmic form....

Post subject: warren rats
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:53 pm 
Knight of the Holy Church of Big Mouths

These so called warren rats infesting the new nantes second level are seeable and killable now, but they are tougher than anything at lower levels, atleast my experience.

perhaps checking their attributes?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:07 pm 
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

My Avenger (as a level 3 avenger) now has smite evil 0/day; it appears on the radial but even after resting he doesn't get the 1/day back. Only mentioned because he was on Hala during the update; will go back to Avlis and see what they can do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:45 pm 
Major DM

Not really a bug, CD, but something that needs fix is the lights instructions on the foigcoolthingie is loud and can be heard through the area as if it were conversation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:51 pm 

Verandis wrote:
My Avenger (as a level 3 avenger) now has smite evil 0/day; it appears on the radial but even after resting he doesn't get the 1/day back. Only mentioned because he was on Hala during the update; will go back to Avlis and see what they can do.

I reported this on the Avlis Bug Tracker, its under review. :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:22 am 
Veteran DM

Any gates that were changed to wooden doors needs to be considered also in other areas, if a wooden door is spotted in a place it doesnt belong do not go around it. If anyone is caught doing this you will regret it. If you are unsure then use the door and if it does not open then do not go around it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:03 am 

Heh. Hopefully the door thing only applies if you couldn't ICly bypass it... as in Tel... Tinker has always tended to DD past the doors, it's easier than goign down, open, going up.

As to teh Door issue.... do you folks need a hand? The issue is a matter of the Doortypes 2DA. without dissecting all teh haks, it's a problem that happens when you edit a tileset... teh custom doors (Tileset specific ones) get renumbered, and it's an issue across ALL tilesets/etc.... only one Doortypes 2da is active at any given time, the top one in the custom content list. I also seem to recall significant doortypes format changes recentish, that may be contributing to teh problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:06 pm 
Head DM

The doors apply mostly to places housing and places you would normally not bypass. In other words, if Tedia catches you on her lawn, expect her to come out and beat you with her cane.

Thanks for the offer of help, but I do know what the problem is, if it were possible to fix it with 2das and not break other stuff, I would have done it. :wink:

Anyway, the areas with broken doors will be fixed as we get to them

Sarakin Fyne

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:59 am 

One question...

On the new clothes (which I love btw! :D ), the one of the robe dresses has the old default hands of the fists. I don't know if they can be fixed to have the "normal" hands we have on our other outfits. It's the dress with the lace up bodice and skirt. Perhaps the other dress like that has the default hands too.

Not sure if this can be fixed, but just thought I'd note it.

"If life is a hankerchief, love is the embrodery that makes it more beautiful." - Alexis Dufresne Montjoie

"A Tyrite, a thief, a ranger and a preppy elf were sitting in a bar with a druidess..." -Aranel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:20 am 

I don't know if it is the same issue on Hala, but on Arkaz, I just used the model to "remove right/left hand", then picked the gloves I wanted. Worked peachy. :D Hope that helps in the meantime. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:02 pm 

Tried that. It doesn't work. Seems it's all one model. Or something needs to be changed in the model to allow the hands to be changed. Wasn't sure if it could be corrected. Was just asking. :D

"If life is a hankerchief, love is the embrodery that makes it more beautiful." - Alexis Dufresne Montjoie

"A Tyrite, a thief, a ranger and a preppy elf were sitting in a bar with a druidess..." -Aranel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:30 pm 
Head DM

It would require a hak change to fix it, and since its clothing, it might have to be CoPaP wide. Considering the number of other things we are trying to fix or implement, this probably won't be gotten to any time soon. Just so you know, the problem is not being ignored, its just low priority atm.

Sarakin Fyne

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:37 pm 

There are some glove models that only use the regular style hands, and others that use the better ones from the override.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:48 pm 

Thanks! I just wanted you all to know. :D