1.69 update problems

Please report any bugs you are experiencing here

Moderators: Arkon, Top Team

SakanaUshi
Whelp of the Unholy Church of Newbieism

Post by SakanaUshi »

I think the shield thing that still hovers over my head is just me. Frin doesn't get it when using the same powers. If you need a demonstration, let me know.

Also, I think I'm missing an item.... A good one, too, and one that was on loan. Who should I PM about that?
Gregpooh
Knight: Church of Pants

Post by Gregpooh »

Many of the crafting materials and other items have changed appearance. Do you need a list of the ones that have changed, or is this just a matter of fixing the CEP ?
It takes a [b]Viking[/b] to Raze a Village.
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

Whenever Lexy uses a Psionic power he gets a cracking sound effect and a visual effect of splinters of wood bursting out from him. This is in addition to the usual visual and sound effects of the powers. This doesn't happen to all Psions; Scel doesn't have it, nor does Egil, but I think it also happens to Shih.
13thHour : [Tell] *your alignment has long since passed any possible further move to 'sexy' due to reinventing the scale*

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=PCs:Lexy]Lexy on the Wiki![/url]
SakanaUshi

Post by SakanaUshi »

I saw Rune doing that, too... I was wondering why. It's kinda cool, actually.... ;)

Why'd I get stuck with some lame shield appearing over my head?
Tremayne7
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by Tremayne7 »

The wood sound effect happens to both Shih and Xune (noticed it last Sunday with Xune's Birthday event). All the other regular effects happen, just the wood break sound effect and visual now occurs.
Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning

"If life is a hankerchief, love is the embrodery that makes it more beautiful." - Alexis Dufresne Montjoie

"A Tyrite, a thief, a ranger and a preppy elf were sitting in a bar with a druidess..." -Aranel
silverdragonams
Head DM

Post by silverdragonams »

I believe there were some psion fixes in the last CoPaP hak update done yesterday aftrnoon. Are psions still getting the strange effects today?

Thanks
Characters:
[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=Sarakin_Fyne]Sarakin Fyne[/url]

www.anotherworlddesign.etsy.com
SakanaUshi

Post by SakanaUshi »

Is this something we need to re-download?
silverdragonams
Head DM

Characters:

SakanaUshi

Post by SakanaUshi »

Okay, that officially didn't fix the shield thing. It's not harmful in terms of gameplay, but it's a bit odd... No hurries, but it would be great if it got fixed eventually.....
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

Just did a quick check with Lexy, and yes, he is still getting the strange effect. :?
13thHour : [Tell] *your alignment has long since passed any possible further move to 'sexy' due to reinventing the scale*

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=PCs:Lexy]Lexy on the Wiki![/url]
Gregpooh

Post by Gregpooh »

Just FYI. Seamus is seeing no unusual effects re: the Psionic powers.

One strange thing that is happening to me though: I am seeing odd screen freezes since the update. Sometimes they appear random, but I noticed last night that whenever Aria first showed up in Seamus' field of awareness that the animations would freeze for a couple of seconds. THis happens on every board, the first time I "see" her. It also happens any time she swaps out a piece of visible equipment (cloak, helm, armor, etc). I have not yet noticed this with any other characters. I'll keep my eyes open.
silverdragonams
Head DM

I've always had that problem with every pc/npc that comes into my field of view on my playing computer. It never happened on my old laptop. I think its probably a local problem, and I think its likely that there are some large textures/animations/something being loaded by your graphics that are causing the freezes.
Characters:

SakanaUshi

Post by SakanaUshi »

That happened to me last night, and made it almost unplayable.... All the random NPCs in Nagritch would make the game freeze up for two or three seconds at a time every few seconds....

But I think it was on my end... had a browser window open that was taking serious CPU for some reason. Will test it now.
Tremayne7

Post by Tremayne7 »

Not sure if this is 1.69 or another thread I should start. I transitioned from one floor of the Temple of Sune and found myself on the Great Bridge instead of the next floor in the Temple.

Was really odd.
Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning

"If life is a hankerchief, love is the embrodery that makes it more beautiful." - Alexis Dufresne Montjoie

"A Tyrite, a thief, a ranger and a preppy elf were sitting in a bar with a druidess..." -Aranel
albonia

Post by albonia »

I have also been getting the sudden game freezes. The screen freezes for 4 or 5 seconds and i think my game has crashed then it starts to run again. It seems to happen when to me when i am in a fight with a NPC. I did put it down to the fact that i have installed NWN on a new computer and i needed to tweak things to get it running properly.

But the other night i spoke to somebody and they are getting the same freezes so i dont think its the new (far better) computer. I will try playing NWN on my old computer when i get time and see if i still get the freezes.
A quote from a mage, without my magic I am just an Elf in a bathrobe.
ambrosia

Post by ambrosia »

Tremayne7 wrote:Not sure if this is 1.69 or another thread I should start. I transitioned from one floor of the Temple of Sune and found myself on the Great Bridge instead of the next floor in the Temple.

Was really odd.
Both times I have zoned from skoria bay or the avlis portal, I've been jumped to the beastlands portal. Just an FYI. I'll let you know if it happens again. 8)

Ever since the update, the portal from Avlis to Ysgard bypasses the beastlands and puts you at the portal to the frozen waste area instead. Just an FYI. 8)
Last edited by ambrosia on Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
silverdragonams
Head DM

Anyone having problems with their screen freezing, please try playing single player (if you have it, use Wyvern Crown of Cormyr because it has a lot of the same content from the update) and let me know if you have the same problem.

Also, if you play on other worlds, do you have this issue on Avlis/Arkaz?
Characters:

BPanther
Knight of the Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by BPanther »

Not sure if this helps but only time when there is longer halt on my screen is when i look robes at tailoring model and it changes the one with long open coat (like in matrix) Brobably loading textures or something at that halted time and my poor pc whines for upgrades.

only thing remembering freeze this far, could test some more.
<@HumbugCause> Lir's in and out more than a red light girl's regular :P
<@CoffeeDragon> Sorry Lir, I traded you to Zombie this morning for 2 cookies and a collectible digipokimonster card.
Adm.Venge

Post by Adm.Venge »

I have not played my half-ogre in some time. I finally got around to updating to 1.69, and it seems Gaklah the Stone is invisible. He does have a rather hideous shadow of a static ogre, however. I last logged off with him on Ysgard.

What happened to the nice half-ogre model? Did Hala/Ysgard go back to the static half-ogre model?
Gregpooh

Post by Gregpooh »

Update on the freeze issue: So far, the only character that causes me to freeze up is Aria. I've tried to do everything I can think of to test why this may be. I thought it might be because Tremayne and I share an internet connection, but I've had her log on as Peter and I get no hiccough at all when near that character.

I don't know if the problem is with something Aria is carying, or if it is something with the character herself. If I can think of anything else to test, or if I find any other characters who cause me to freeze up, I'll post it here.