Crafting is broken on Hala

Please report any bugs you are experiencing here

Moderators: Arkon, Top Team

silverdragonams
Head DM

Crafting is broken on Hala

Post by silverdragonams »

Yes, I broke it :?

It should still work fine on Ysgard until I figure out why its broken.
Characters:
[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=Sarakin_Fyne]Sarakin Fyne[/url]

www.anotherworlddesign.etsy.com
darkfire
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by darkfire »

Is this related to the recent Hak update in regards to crafting, or is this unrelated?
[quote]WrathOG777: This is a roleplaying game. There is no such thing as winning or losing. Only playing.[/quote]
Arkon
World Leader

Post by Arkon »

related
Akai
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Akai »

Most crafting seems to work now, but the sewing kit, cooking pot, gem cutting chisel, fletching knife, and smelting forge (!) don't.
Akai
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Akai »

Minor correction: It seems the forge will salvage crafted items, but won't smelt ore.
obburner
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by obburner »

I was smelting bronze in heidabyr just now .. No probs
Psye Shaar
Assistant Head DM

Post by Psye Shaar »

Ysgard should still be fine as it's not been altered yet. It's Hala where things might still creep in.
[i]"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction." [/i]
Blaise Pascal (1623 - 1662)
Chemical-Burn
Knight of the Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Chemical-Burn »

Prolly not the best place to say it but Thanks SD for not updating both servers. I can easily see how someone would just do both and forget about it but you seem to do some type of QA during your work and have left us a island of solitude from which to waste our lives away in crafting menus.

Er to make the post legit maybe i should suggest something. I tried with my characters to salvage gold amulets she made once. It didnt work but i do not know a lot about salvaging so i may sound foolish too. Perhaps at some point some more mundane jewelry could be salvaged back to a fraction of the ingots. I dunno the goals of the team but to me this would save somone making and selling a few hundred of different amulets or rings or such and instead would create,destroy,create,destroy type thing. I know i see tv commercials about sending in unwanted jewelry and the place just melts it all down to reusable material.

Just a random idea im tossing out there.
Chemical-Burn

Post by Chemical-Burn »

The gem polishing tables work on hala (at least the one in the entrance of someones player housing) but the the portable item my character has for it, the Hardened Chisel doesnt open the menu to allow it. Also none of the anvil's in the university vocational school seem to be able to be used but all the other trades have a table to use.
Arkon
World Leader

Post by Arkon »

Crafting is going to be getting an overhaul again very soon which should fix all of these issues.

For those who have crafting characters, a notice will be going out soon for you to contact the team with your crafting skills and such. Be on the lookout for this.
Nastr0nd
Major DM

Post by Nastr0nd »

On a very minor note, concerning the new structures in the university. The tailor's table can't be reached as the instructor blocks passage to it, at least for wemics.
Chemical-Burn

Post by Chemical-Burn »

Arkon wrote:Crafting is going to be getting an overhaul again very soon which should fix all of these issues.

For those who have crafting characters, a notice will be going out soon for you to contact the team with your crafting skills and such. Be on the lookout for this.
By this you mean the current point system will not be used and our characters will get some sort of supliment on a entire new system? Or is this more of a "wait and you'll see" answer commin?
silverdragonams
Head DM

Post by silverdragonams »

Current crafting experience will be transferred to the new system
Characters:
[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=Sarakin_Fyne]Sarakin Fyne[/url]

www.anotherworlddesign.etsy.com