Custom Races broken

Please report any bugs you are experiencing here

Moderators: Arkon, Top Team

Idonia
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Custom Races broken

Post by Idonia »

This has been a problem for a while now, but I can understand a lot of people don't make these custom races. The .bic editor works fine for all abilities except in some cases (it seems, at least with all of mine) it doesn't put on the Creature Hide that gives 5/ resistance to fire, acid, electrical, etc.

I had to have it restored for my aasimar, and now I need it for my tiefling Mab- just filing a bug report so the team might have to do less bic edits or hopping IG.
Sable
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Sable »

it at least used to assign it via feats (or at least, thats how Sul has his resists)
"Abash'd the Devil stood, And felt how awful goodness is, and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely” John Milton
Idonia

Post by Idonia »

All I know is I've got a aasimar who has it as a skin and a tiefling who has no feats.
Nastr0nd
Major DM

Post by Nastr0nd »

Seems to apply to Wemics too. I arrived in Avlis today and got a player skin. That doesn't happen in Ysgard. It made +1 difference to my AC from what I could tell.
Idonia

Post by Idonia »

Error still exists especially on any newly created custom races. Is there a quick IG fix for this? Like spawning a Hide?
Idonia

Post by Idonia »

Well since I figured out just bugging any old DM won't do the trick, here's the info for .bic editting

GS ID: wildseed33
Character Name: Keriui Lyric
Tiefling, needs Tiefling resistence hide

GS ID: Shutchomowf
Character Name: Mab
Same thing.
Idonia

Post by Idonia »

Since it looks like this may be broken for tieflings, aasimars, wemics, drow and possibly all custom races could a warning be posted on the custom races page that they are all temporarily broken?

I know Arkon says he doesn't know what's going on with it but doesn't the team have any savvy scripters? Can anything be done to at least fix an individual's PC rather than the golem? I know it's been broken since before the reset, and someone else on the hala team fixed my aasimar once before, so I'm sure it can be done. Maybe assistance is required from someone savvy on another CoPaP server.
Psye Shaar
Assistant Head DM

Post by Psye Shaar »

Portalling over to Arkaz should apply the hide as a fix for now. If you politely ask in IRC if someone can jump you to the portal for the purposes of portalling over and back, then one of us will be happy to oblige.

You can then be dropped back to wherever you were with your shiny new hide.
[i]"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction." [/i]
Blaise Pascal (1623 - 1662)
Idonia

Post by Idonia »

Oohh thanks! :D