Summon Creature spells

Please report any bugs you are experiencing here

Moderators: Arkon, Top Team

Idonia
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Summon Creature spells

Post by Idonia »

The option to change your summons through the crafting menu appears to be broken, at least for Summon Creature X. Instead of being able to customize you get a randomized option of either the two following suckiest summons: A)Manticore,
Or
B) Basilisk.

Is this intentional or truly broken?
Chemical-Burn
Knight of the Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Chemical-Burn »

those sound like crap summons for level 8.

You know i saw i could change Dragon Knight summons with the teleport wand so maybe if you have a summon creature spell it would show up there for you? I kind of doubt it since my character doesnt have the Dragon Knight feat/spell and that showed so i would guess a summon creature would as well. Maybe worth a quick look though.
Idonia

Post by Idonia »

Has this been looked over at all? Does anyone know any way how to fix this?

I'm really not getting what my level 9 summon is worth if I cast the spell and all I get is a manticore or a basilisk, the two worst summons to get.

Is this able to be fixed at all or should I just change my spell book around?
Chemical-Burn

Post by Chemical-Burn »

as long as your not 'good' might as well take Gate. If you are good well then you get basically a hopeful distraction to get slaughtered. (huzzah for summoning archons to their mindless slaughter all you goodies)

i think neutrals get a working summons but nothing equal to what Gate should produce. So go evil and get Gate. its FTW tastic.
Idonia

Post by Idonia »

The slaad for neutrals casting Gate is broken too. It gets stuck and casts See Invisiblity 7 times while you get pummeled
Chemical-Burn

Post by Chemical-Burn »

it doesnt really get stuck. Its just not smart enouph to change spells. Its just using the same one over and over till it runs out. The casters summoned by Gate on Avlis and Arkaz do the same thing. When done with see inv it should move on to other things to cast.
p0m
Major DM

Post by p0m »

Chemical-Burn wrote:it doesnt really get stuck. Its just not smart enouph to change spells. Its just using the same one over and over till it runs out. The casters summoned by Gate on Avlis and Arkaz do the same thing. When done with see inv it should move on to other things to cast.
This is actually on my plate, and I can fix it rather simply. Wait and see :wink:
[i]Judge of a man by his questions rather than by his answers.[/i]
Chemical-Burn

Post by Chemical-Burn »

p0m wrote:
Chemical-Burn wrote:it doesnt really get stuck. Its just not smart enouph to change spells. Its just using the same one over and over till it runs out. The casters summoned by Gate on Avlis and Arkaz do the same thing. When done with see inv it should move on to other things to cast.
This is actually on my plate, and I can fix it rather simply. Wait and see :wink:
Promises promises. You said you were going to fix Gate when we spoke at that Mirtho Party. Your ma never told you to stop playing with your food and eat your vegies did she? :D

(gate on the plate = vegies; for the ones who did not get that)