Not getting gems from successes

Please report any bugs you are experiencing here

Moderators: Arkon, Top Team

BailHellfire
Whelp of the Unholy Church of Newbieism

Not getting gems from successes

Post by BailHellfire »

I have tried the copper, bronze, silver, and gold tool have managed a skill of 17 in gem cutting and do get successes but it does not give me anything. I have tried to quit right after a success and trying again but still get nothing.
Gregpooh
Knight: Church of Pants

Post by Gregpooh »

When you get to the menu option where it says "you have chosen to try and make "x" Yes/no: Pick NO. Then, don't quit, but back out to the first menu and start over. This will reset the system and should fix the problem.

When the system is messed up, you will notice that your success messages just say "you have Successfully crafted . " Instead of listing the name of the item you crafted. This is a sign that you need to reset the system.

Hope this helps.
It takes a [b]Viking[/b] to Raze a Village.
Idonia
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by Idonia »

Holy crap and this whole time I thought I wasn't getting any because Cut Malachites are useless :O
Tremayne7
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by Tremayne7 »

<snip> Ideal cut malachites are useless.

As vague as it may have been, please don't give crafting information on the boards. Thanks.

Psye.
Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning

"If life is a hankerchief, love is the embrodery that makes it more beautiful." - Alexis Dufresne Montjoie

"A Tyrite, a thief, a ranger and a preppy elf were sitting in a bar with a druidess..." -Aranel
BailHellfire

re no gems

Post by BailHellfire »

Gregpooh wrote:When you get to the menu option where it says "you have chosen to try and make "x" Yes/no: Pick NO. Then, don't quit, but back out to the first menu and start over. This will reset the system and should fix the problem.

When the system is messed up, you will notice that your success messages just say "you have Successfully crafted . " Instead of listing the name of the item you crafted. This is a sign that you need to reset the system.

Hope this helps.
I have tried this as you suggested with no luck. Tried changing tools and trying it, and still having no luck. I am going to try and push through and see about the next lvl of gem then see if i can come back and get some.
BailHellfire

not working for amethyst either

Post by BailHellfire »

I have tried resetting it with the amethyst also, and tried changing to malachite after a success with the amethyst and vise verse. Does the fact that I am not from Hala have anything to do with it. I would like to thank you for your help on this.
Psye Shaar
Assistant Head DM

Post by Psye Shaar »

Gregpooh's solution does work, but you need to make sure it's the first thing you do as that (at least for me) seems to be the only time it does.
[i]"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction." [/i]
Blaise Pascal (1623 - 1662)
BailHellfire

tried this to

Post by BailHellfire »

Psye Shaar wrote:Gregpooh's solution does work, but you need to make sure it's the first thing you do as that (at least for me) seems to be the only time it does.
I tried this to even re downloaded the hala craft patch again with no luck.
Bluegirl

Post by Bluegirl »

walked Bail through reset :D
BailHellfire

Got it

Post by BailHellfire »

Ok to reset the crafting you do not try to make one when it asks you if your sure that this is what you want to make you tell it no then chose the gem you want to cut again then try it this worked for me and i hope it helps everyone else. So just to cover the steps you go in and chose the one you want to cut then go all the way up tell it asks you are you sure this is what you want to cut then tell it no and chose it again.