New airship stairs trouble.

Please report any bugs you are experiencing here

Moderators: Arkon, Top Team

BPanther
Knight of the Holy Church of Big Mouths

New airship stairs trouble.

Post by BPanther »

Just posting this incase anyone seen it and knows any clue how to fix.

Image[/img]

that strange line moves around alvays pointing to character and depending to situation it spreads and in worst cases fills half the screen or worse.

Did try two different display drivers.
Reinstalled and downloaded cep two times.
Did try different graphic settings.
Tortured nwn discs and manual for some secret hint.
<@HumbugCause> Lir's in and out more than a red light girl's regular :P
<@CoffeeDragon> Sorry Lir, I traded you to Zombie this morning for 2 cookies and a collectible digipokimonster card.
Xanthalas
Loremaster

Post by Xanthalas »

I see it too, However, it's the tileset, not your drivers.

A sync setting might fix it, but then you'd just see problems elsewhere.

Still not sure how to fix it from the outside.
[i]I live yet do not live in me,
am waiting as my life goes by,
and die because I do not die.
- St John of the Cross.[/i]

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=User:Xanthalas][size=75]WIKI INFO[/size][/url]
Arkon
World Leader

Post by Arkon »

i don't think it's tileset related because those pics are from different tilesets... not sure what would be causing you that issue other than a corrupted hak somewhere...

Those are actually not stairs but stacked up evil alters..

Try reinstalling the copap haks.. That is one of the ones that would have been in a copap hak.
corwink
Wiki Pioneer

Post by corwink »

Yep I see those too in the new docks.
Gone
Xanthalas
Loremaster

Post by Xanthalas »

Arkon wrote:i don't think it's tileset related because those pics are from different tilesets... not sure what would be causing you that issue other than a corrupted hak somewhere...

Those are actually not stairs but stacked up evil alters..

Try reinstalling the copap haks.. That is one of the ones that would have been in a copap hak.
The stairs to the Boat, so I guess I should say Placeable? I didn't mean to imply a specific tileset, but that it's generated from the tiles.

Sorry, My bad.

But yeah, I've only seen this recent issue in dealing with the stairs to the Deck. Though mine isn't nearly as bad as BPanther's, (That I've seen yet.) Is that the same placeable? What's strange is, that's what is in Hangate, and was on Nagritch before hand too. Where no problems occured. Maybe it has to do with the empty space beneath the airships?

Though that still doesn't answer Bastion's issue. :/

Confounding.
[i]I live yet do not live in me,
am waiting as my life goes by,
and die because I do not die.
- St John of the Cross.[/i]

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=User:Xanthalas][size=75]WIKI INFO[/size][/url]
silverdragonams
Head DM

Post by silverdragonams »

Usually that sort of visual bug is caused by a corrupted file. Since those were the same stairs we used in the Hangate mines docks I'm doubting that is the problem. It's more likely the flags or pillars next to the stairs which are from the 1.69 update. We may have to try removing those from the area to fix it. :?
_JM_
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by _JM_ »

That was the graphics problem I mentioned as possibly a temporary SNAFU. Not sure what causes it in the NWN engine. Have tried re-downloading and reinstalling the CoPaP169 but same result, most of the stairs are missing and some faces being stretched to either off camera or to my character.
Chemical-Burn

Post by Chemical-Burn »

At first i didnt see anything like that but then after playing a while and going back to the airship docks i started to see things like that. I assumed if it bothered someone that bad then restarting their nwn fixed it?
BPanther

Post by BPanther »

Hangate docs were fine, so i just try to live with it for a while.
<@HumbugCause> Lir's in and out more than a red light girl's regular :P
<@CoffeeDragon> Sorry Lir, I traded you to Zombie this morning for 2 cookies and a collectible digipokimonster card.