Airship permanent pass / Horses

Please report any bugs you are experiencing here

Moderators: Arkon, Top Team

_JM_
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Airship permanent pass / Horses

Post by _JM_ »

When I was having trouble getting Jay to use the Airship (had to close door first) one thing I tried was buying a normal airship ticket. OOC curiosity led me to wonder if (since Arkon said airship and horse sellers sold the same ticket) that ticket would hire a horse.

But of course the same would apply with the permanent pass, even after Jay burnt his single ticket he still has his OAP bus pass and could ride a horse with his massive Ride skill of 1.

So Airship permanent passes also work for horse rides, which makes them even better value. Problem is that the two solutions I can think of are accept the better value passes and modify all the horse and airship conversations to say "airship and horses" (which is a lot) or need two new tokens and to modify the horse conversations (which is still a lot).

Or leave it and just tell people they don't need to buy a permanent pass on the airships and on the horses. :)

(EDIT: Oh, and sorry to be pedantic...and I appreciate this is even more minor...but Gallop is not spelt with an "e" on the end and you would (literally, since that is whose yard it would end up in) knacker the horse if you galloped everywhere... but I know, these are gods-given horses that in their perfection have massive endurance... :P )
Arkon
World Leader

Post by Arkon »

Yeah I intend to remove the airship passes from the HAK file they are in and rename them to The Great Divide Travel Pass... but that takes work and i'm lazy :)

as to the conversation.. yeah i read it myself and realized that it is a very very very bad idea to work on conversations after spending 11 hours in the mod :D
Idonia
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by Idonia »

Will that affect those of us with the really super old airship permanent pass?
[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=PCs:Lily]Lily[/url]
Arkon
World Leader

Post by Arkon »

No it will not. The only thing I would change if and when i do this is the name of the item, the tag and blueprint will be the same and that is what the script looks for.