Invisible Cloak Cost

Please report any bugs you are experiencing here

Moderators: Arkon, Top Team

_JM_
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Invisible Cloak Cost

Post by _JM_ »

Bought a Cloak of Resistance +1 at Tel for 2481 and took Marius back to Mirtho Rest to alter it to be a scarf (invisible appearance). Said "Guuurrr?" when was told cost would be 12660. Cancelled and tried altering to other appearances and was told cost would be 126.

I have a suspicion, looking at the costs, that there might be a missing "divide by 100" with the one option. Either that or scarves are rather expensive. Hoping the former (so cloak can be made useable) but would like to make sure.
silverdragonams
Head DM

Post by silverdragonams »

Nope, its not a bug, its called a gold sink and was how I was instructed to put it in :)
Rali'vinee
Squire: Church of Pants

Post by Rali'vinee »

silverdragonams wrote:Nope, its not a bug, its called a gold sink and was how I was instructed to put it in :)

aka Arkon's ebul
[i][b]Arkon: "[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=Rali%27vinee_Ish%27tarestacia][color=#00BF00]Rali'vinee[/color][/url] is at the same time, the most lovable character I've ever come across, and the singularly most infuriating."[/b][/i]
ambrosia

Post by ambrosia »

on the up side, it always matches whatever you wear. :D
_JM_

Post by _JM_ »

Fair do's. Marius will either sell the cloak or give it away.
silverdragonams
Head DM

Or you could ask around IC'ly for a cheaper alternative :wink:
Samhaim
Squire: Church of Pants

Post by Samhaim »

How can there possibly be a cheaper alternative?
Xanthalas
Loremaster

Post by Xanthalas »

Samhaim wrote:How can there possibly be a cheaper alternative?
DM reward?
[i]I live yet do not live in me,
am waiting as my life goes by,
and die because I do not die.
- St John of the Cross.[/i]

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=User:Xanthalas][size=75]WIKI INFO[/size][/url]
Sable
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Sable »

with no knowledge of any systems so if this is a spoiler then its a blind guess-work one, I'd suggest looking into a crafting system of some sort for a cheaper changing appearance of objects possibility
"Abash'd the Devil stood, And felt how awful goodness is, and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely” John Milton
Mabus
Knight of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by Mabus »

Well it costs less to have full plate armor, even magical armor, completely remodeled, painted, etc. So I'm kinda confused by the whole turn-a-cloak-into-a-scarf thing. Ghu'rock wears a backpack for his look, and it fills the cloak slot. So I looked into the scarf thing, then plan on altering his armor to add the backpack look, so he could still have it and wear a magical cloak...er scarf. So it's looking rather expensive to alter the armor AND modify the cloak. Modifying the armor is expensive enough. But the cloak costs more. :P
"If you say you're going crazy then you must be perfectly sane for a lunatic never has doubts about his sanity."
Sable
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Sable »

From an IC perspective, I would guess (and I know I'm stretching this a little) that its easier to make a suit of Full Plate look like a slightly different style of full plate, than it is to cut a 6 foot long, 5 foot wide, circle cloak down into a 3 foot long 1 foot wide scarf and still keep its magical properties.
"Abash'd the Devil stood, And felt how awful goodness is, and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely” John Milton
silverdragonams
Head DM

Sable wrote:From an IC perspective, I would guess (and I know I'm stretching this a little) that its easier to make a suit of Full Plate look like a slightly different style of full plate, than it is to cut a 6 foot long, 5 foot wide, circle cloak down into a 3 foot long 1 foot wide scarf and still keep its magical properties.
Ding! :)

We may or may not change the cost of having an invisible cloak, but, that is totally up to the boss man. Getting a DM to alter your cloak's appearance as a quest reward is also another good option. And yes, there is (or at least was) a cheaper alternative you can seek out IC'ly. I don't know the exact current details of it myself, but I'm sure there are a few characters out there who do.
_JM_

Post by _JM_ »

What Sable says does make sense, and did occur to me. I wanted to make sure though, especially since there was the 100-1 ratio. I was not very keen on the Invisible Cloak anyway as felt like one step too far away from WYSIWYG combined with how I'd altered Marius' armour. Made offer to person, was refused, sold cloak.
Chemical-Burn
Knight of the Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Chemical-Burn »

_JM_ wrote:...WYSIWYG...
People just randomly hitting the keyboard with caps lock to rage spam? Seriously all these things like this bug me. People type an entire essay for a single forum post but cant type out 7 words? I bet its even worse for people not with english as a first language.
BPanther
Knight of the Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by BPanther »

...WYSIWYG...
*Doesnt bother to put that in translator*
<@HumbugCause> Lir's in and out more than a red light girl's regular :P
<@CoffeeDragon> Sorry Lir, I traded you to Zombie this morning for 2 cookies and a collectible digipokimonster card.
silverdragonams
Head DM

What You See is What You Get

That one has been around since computers and is pretty commonly used and accepted. Next time, please just ask if you need clarification rather than lashing out.