Fire! My Sword is on Fire!

Please report any bugs you are experiencing here

Moderators: Arkon, Top Team

_JM_
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Fire! My Sword is on Fire!

Post by _JM_ »

Oh, whattaheck. Very minor and probably only annoys / affects me.

I am not sure why my character’s sword never showed a visual effect from Darkfire on Avlis and never showed one on Ysgard, but did show one on Arkaz. Whatever the reason though with the Arkaz code having been implemented on Ysgard the visual effect is now showing up.
Psye Shaar
Assistant Head DM

Post by Psye Shaar »

This tends to occur if you portal from Arkaz while the effect is still active.

Try re-casting darkfire on the weapon for now and then resting. The other option is to portal back to Arkaz which also sometimes clears it.

It's not actually anything to do with the Arkaz god code if that's the one you were refering to.
[i]"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction." [/i]
Blaise Pascal (1623 - 1662)
silverdragonams
Head DM

Post by silverdragonams »

Actually, yes it could be the Arkaz God code, as that is all mixed up with all of the spell scripts. No big deal though, I'll fix it when I get around to it.
Nastr0nd
Major DM

Post by Nastr0nd »

Can you fix the Epic Mage Armour visual effect while you're at it. Currenly it looks as though I've whipped out an ioun stone if I cast it and it never did that (except on Arkaz) before. Thanks.

~N
_JM_

Post by _JM_ »

I meant it appears when he casts it on Ysgard now. Sorry for the confusion.
Arkon
World Leader

Post by Arkon »

keep these reports coming. We will have to modify code because of the introduction of the god code so several of our spells will need to be updated. Silver and I will be working on this in the days to come. Various things need to be refixed.
Samhaim
Squire: Church of Pants

Post by Samhaim »

Summon monster II is broken. It summons the nameless naked dwarf again.
AmusedApathy
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by AmusedApathy »

oooo......that reminds me...
Driders are summoning lots of nekked dwarves!
Michiko
Knight of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by Michiko »

AmusedApathy wrote:oooo......that reminds me...
Driders are summoning lots of nekked dwarves!
O.o we are?

*scurries off to stare and giggle* :D
_JM_

Post by _JM_ »

After a conversation I realised I might have been more unclear than I had thought.

On Avlis my character’s sword (which is not Bioware standard appearance, uses CEP parts) never showed a visual effect from Darkfire. Other people’s weapons did show a visual effect though when my character cast Darkfire on them.

On Hala before the change my sword did not show a visual effect, but again the same prayer of Darkfire did show a visual effect on other people’s weapons. Dan’eth had the same experience as her sword did not show a visual effect from Flame Weapon but that spell cast on other people did cause a visual effect.

When Dan’eth and Jay travelled to Arkaz though to aid Rune they both found that their swords were showing the visual effect (flames or whatever the spell had been energy-substituted to). This was a surprise, and especially to me as Jay has had that sword so long (*) and if it had shown flames on his only previous visit to Arkaz I had forgotten.
(* = sub-teen levels when he got the Feysteel Bastard Sword, maybe in the early teens when it was enhanced into Glory Breaker as the end reward of his Newbie Quest…)

With the introduction of the code from Arkaz to Hala-Ysgard the visual effect from Darkfire showed up on Jay’s sword and the visual effect from Flame Weapon showed up on Dan’eth’s when they cast those. I don’t know what Arkaz were doing differently from Avlis or Hala-Ysgard that the effect had been showing up but whatever it was it seems to have come along with the rest of the code.

Sorry again for any confusion as to what I meant.
Xanthalas
Loremaster

Post by Xanthalas »

As far as I can remember, both with Rykolyn and Xai, (Arcane,) Flame Weapon applied a visual to most weapons.
[i]I live yet do not live in me,
am waiting as my life goes by,
and die because I do not die.
- St John of the Cross.[/i]

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=User:Xanthalas][size=75]WIKI INFO[/size][/url]
Tremayne7

Post by Tremayne7 »

Ok...

On Arkaz, the Flame weapon spell has always showed the visual (at least for as long as I've been playing over there). On Hala/Ysgard, it never did... until today.

I was playing my Arkaz native character and brought over a group from there to go shopping on Ysgard and Hala. The effect showed up when the spell was cast and disappeared when the spell ran out (as it normally does). I wouldn't worry about getting rid of the effect unless there is a specific reason we shouldn't see the effect.
Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning

"If life is a hankerchief, love is the embrodery that makes it more beautiful." - Alexis Dufresne Montjoie

"A Tyrite, a thief, a ranger and a preppy elf were sitting in a bar with a druidess..." -Aranel
AmusedApathy
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by AmusedApathy »

Ok... I'm borrowing this thread, even though it's not really a bug..

since the god code went in my HiPS icon has stopped working.

No more dramatic smokey poof when I hit it, and I am back to using my stealth button to hide.

AA