Lexy still shooting splinters from his head...

Please report any bugs you are experiencing here

Moderators: Arkon, Top Team

Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Lexy still shooting splinters from his head...

Post by Rudiki »

Several of the Psionic powers Lexy uses have the visual effect of shooting wood slivers in all directions, accompanied by a cracking sound. I think this was mentioned somewhere awhile back, but I can't find it now. I know several other Psions also had this problem, but not all of them, and it doesn't happen with all the powers. This has been going on for months, now. It seems to happen in addition to, not instead of, any other visual effects the power may have. I can experiment and see which powers do this and which don't if that will help. Seems like most of the ones Lexy uses do it.

Thanks!
13thHour : [Tell] *your alignment has long since passed any possible further move to 'sexy' due to reinventing the scale*

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=PCs:Lexy]Lexy on the Wiki![/url]
Tremayne7
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by Tremayne7 »

I think this started about the time of the 1.69 updates. I remember it being talked about at the time (around October or November last year). Not sure if anyone has found the cause of this.
Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning

"If life is a hankerchief, love is the embrodery that makes it more beautiful." - Alexis Dufresne Montjoie

"A Tyrite, a thief, a ranger and a preppy elf were sitting in a bar with a druidess..." -Aranel
Arkon
World Leader

Post by Arkon »

actually.. i'm pretty sure i know exactly what the cause is. 1.69 changed some of the VFX so the VFX that most of those abilities used is now the splinter one... i just need to get the gumption to fix it.
Gregpooh
Knight: Church of Pants

Post by Gregpooh »

It's stranger than that.. Each individual psion seems to have been stuck with a different side effect. Seamus gets glowing eyes for every power. This is over and above the other VFX that go off (like the shower of red and yellow for psionic residue)

Whatever it is, it's not consistent across all the psion characters.
It takes a [b]Viking[/b] to Raze a Village.
Xanthalas
Loremaster

Post by Xanthalas »

Extra weirdness:

I have seen both of you use psionic abilities, and have seen neither of these VFX.
[i]I live yet do not live in me,
am waiting as my life goes by,
and die because I do not die.
- St John of the Cross.[/i]

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=User:Xanthalas][size=75]WIKI INFO[/size][/url]
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

Did some experimenting. Almost all of Lexy's Psionic powers seem to have the effect mentioned, and it is definitely in addition to whatever the normal effect is, not in place of it.

I can send a list of which do and which don't if needed. Seems as if those that do always do and those that don't always don't, though I'm not entirely sure of that. I haven't been able to test a few of his powers yet, too.

I remember Shih Lung also had this problem, but I forget who else.
13thHour : [Tell] *your alignment has long since passed any possible further move to 'sexy' due to reinventing the scale*

blue wolfy
Squire: Church of Pants

Post by blue wolfy »

Frin gets the little glowie sheild thing above her head as an effect. and i seen Rune and lexy both have the splinter effect.

my arkaz psion has the two dots that appear (i assume these are the glowie eye thing seamus mentioned.)
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

This is still happening.

luminance
Whelp of the Unholy Church of Newbieism

Post by luminance »

Funny... I thought this was intentional game behavior and was kind of sad my psion didn't have it. :D