Please report any bugs you are experiencing here

Moderators: Arkon, Top Team

sinn
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Potal does not work in Rockgate East MTs caves

Post by sinn »

just like the subject states

the 'mysterious potal' does not portal

((not sure if was taken down for some reason and this is NOT a bug, but posting it anyways))
[i]"Zee cabbage does not run away from zee corn-beef."[/i]
Idonia
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by Idonia »

If you entered Rockgate via the transition in the Bastion Odin Temple, without a Key to the Hole in your inventory, that portal won't work, iirc
[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=PCs:Lily]Lily[/url]
sinn
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by sinn »

Idonia wrote:If you entered Rockgate via the transition in the Bastion Odin Temple, without a Key to the Hole in your inventory, that portal won't work, iirc
both characters had a key to the hole.. and yes that is the direction we traveled.. long walk from Bastion all the way to Rockgate.. FUN!
[i]"Zee cabbage does not run away from zee corn-beef."[/i]
ambrosia

Post by ambrosia »

If it's the one I am thinking of, it has never been a two-way portal, AFAIK. Edit: ok, not the same portal. 8)
Last edited by ambrosia on Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_JM_

Post by _JM_ »

I have taken Jay in and out of that portal before, and can confirm you do need the key.

I remember one time Jay and Gaklah gave their keys to some people that needed to get back to Avlis because someone had killed the NPCs that handed out keys... was a long walk to the alternate portal and when we got there we could not get through. Until that was when the person we'd met, and who had a key, gave us it temporarily.

With key could go back and forth through the portal.
Without key were stuck.

This was a long time ago however so could have been changed to one way, though I do remember Jay going through it from Goblin side to Infinite Staircase more recently.
silverdragonams
Head DM

Post by silverdragonams »

You not only need a key, but you have to be high enough level.
Rali'vinee
Squire: Church of Pants

Post by Rali'vinee »

It was Ash (31) and Rali (34) and we both have keys to the hole. the portal didn't work for us.
[i][b]Arkon: "[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=Rali%27vinee_Ish%27tarestacia][color=#00BF00]Rali'vinee[/color][/url] is at the same time, the most lovable character I've ever come across, and the singularly most infuriating."[/b][/i]