Ring of Invisibility not working on Hala

Please report any bugs you are experiencing here

Moderators: Arkon, Top Team

_JM_
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Ring of Invisibility not working on Hala

Post by _JM_ »

Type of Bug/Exploit : Ring of Invisibility not working.
Area of Bug Exploit (be as specific as possible) : Places on Hala, works on Ysgard.
NPCs involved (Be as specific as possible) : None
Chests involved : None
Timestamp on when it happened : Night of 30/11/2009 – 01/12/2009
Frequency of occurrence. : Four or Five attempts in different places.

Decided not to kill way out of Goblin Cave on Minya Island, tried to use Ring of Invisibility, got message that Magical Invisibility was blocked there.
Same problem in Y-shaped junction cave at New Nantes when decided to not kill way to Bandit Cave mines. Tried again one level up in the first caves.

Jay rested and prepared Greater Sanctuaries. Ring of Invisibility still gave same message outside the cave, so was not (as I’d wondered) some lingering effect on him, but Greater Sanctuary worked fine.

Also tried (just to check) the ring in the first area under the Fey Grove and in the area next door to the Great Divide on the Hala side. Same message each time, Magical invisibility is blocked there.

Both times I tried the ring on Hala it worked fine.
silverdragonams
Head DM

Post by silverdragonams »

Has anyone else had any issues with this spell? Either cast directly, or from a different item, such as a wand or staff, or from potions?
JD Smith

Post by JD Smith »

SD wrote:Has anyone else had any issues with this spell? Either cast directly, or from a different item, such as a wand or staff, or from potions?

Posted: Today, at 6:10 pm

Just popped in on Hala to take care of something else .... and as I was on Minya; tested both Ro's Token of Fairey Magic and her invisibility offering armour. Both seemed to work fine. Was by the crabs/sharkmen when tried.
A.N. Imus: Simon Colin Bernard
Victoria DeVitale: thankya
Victoria DeVitale: I need something shorter
Victoria DeVitale: Sim?
Moonyju
Minor DM

Post by Moonyju »

Potions of invisibility worked great last night in the Blackfire Orcs cave. (Overnight Nov 30 and Dec 1) Haven't tried the ring though.
3DWarrior
Knight of the Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by 3DWarrior »

viewtopic.php?t=7709

I had an issue with invisibility a while ago. I had previously used Invisibility Purge, but the effect stayed with my PC after multiple restings and deathplanes.

No matter what I did, whenever I attempted to use any sort of Invisibility, I would receive the message "Magical Invisibility is Blocked."

This problem only existed on Hala-the server that I used the Purge in. Invisibility worked fine in Ysgard regardless of the issues I was having on Hala.

I believe it went away after a Dm hit me with the DM Heal function.
_JM_

Post by _JM_ »

That sounds like it could be the cause as I have used an invisibility purge item rather than create a campfire and hit it.
Zombie
Veteran DM

Post by Zombie »

If I see Jay online when I get home I will hit him with a DM heal and see if it fixes the problem.
Grovel puts the P in swimming pool.
Small in stature, large in power, narrow of focus and wide of vision
My play/DM times: [url]http://www.ysgard.org/viewtopic.php?highlight=play&t=7671[/url]
Xanthalas
Loremaster

Post by Xanthalas »

I have an invisibility purge item, and I have never encountered this problem. I use the item pretty frequently. While it does persist longer than expected at times. I have never had a problem with it lasting through rest. Though I don't use the same item to cast invisibility.
[i]I live yet do not live in me,
am waiting as my life goes by,
and die because I do not die.
- St John of the Cross.[/i]

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=User:Xanthalas][size=75]WIKI INFO[/size][/url]
_JM_

Post by _JM_ »

Thanks for trying Zombie, but when I tested on Hala the Ring still did not work. Maybe Jay is unlucky, maybe it was because you hit him with the DM Heal on Ysgard. Not a big problem since Greater Sanctuary does work.
Zombie
Veteran DM

Post by Zombie »

i'll try on hala if no one beats me to it.
Grovel puts the P in swimming pool.
Small in stature, large in power, narrow of focus and wide of vision
My play/DM times: [url]http://www.ysgard.org/viewtopic.php?highlight=play&t=7671[/url]
_JM_

Post by _JM_ »

Many thanks. Worked when Jay tried it.