Persistant merchant bugs

Please report any bugs you are experiencing here

Moderators: Arkon, Top Team

Akai
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Persistant merchant bugs

Post by Akai »

Soleis' persistant merchant is having some difficulty with recognizing crafted items as the same thing. Although she is set up to buy them, she says, "You don't have anything I want," when presented with: Plain Grain Alcohol, Ma Huang Infusion, Large Sheet of Cloth, Sheet of Silk. When they are added in store mode, they show up as different items than the item of the same name already present. (This also affects a lot of other crafted items too, I can start a list if you want.)
silverdragonams
Head DM

Post by silverdragonams »

Unfortunatly there is little we can do about this. If there is the slightest difference between items, even down to variables that various scripts set on items in your inventory, it will be recognized as different items. It happens on Avlis too, so its not just a Hala problem. I've noticed that removing all of the same item from your merchant then re-adding them all at once sometimes helps. Beyond that though, all I can say is that I'll try to track down some of the variables that may be causing the problem but it will take some time.
Gregpooh
Knight: Church of Pants

Post by Gregpooh »

Something else is going on here.

I mined a bunch of Mithril ore today. I put one in my shop and then tested it by placing some in the appraisal table. It only recognized one of those I placed on the table as being the same. These are all the same item from the same spawn, so I don't know what else might have happened to them. Hope this helps in some way.
It takes a [b]Viking[/b] to Raze a Village.