Psionic banishment bugged?

Please report any bugs you are experiencing here

Moderators: Arkon, Top Team

Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Psionic banishment bugged?

Post by Rudiki »

People who have this power (I don't) report that it's not working, or not working right. I'll likely get this wrong, but here goes:

It seems to be not banishing when it ought to, and also sometimes giving will saves instead of reflex saves. More details from the technically competent are hereby solicited. :)
13thHour : [Tell] *your alignment has long since passed any possible further move to 'sexy' due to reinventing the scale*

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=PCs:Lexy]Lexy on the Wiki![/url]
Pathos Street
Whelp of the Unholy Church of Newbieism

Post by Pathos Street »

Arania Moonshadow and I (Fergus Goodmane) played around with banishment trying to get it to work. Here is how we've discovered it to currently work (if I recall correctly):

If targeted on oneself or a party member, it elicits a will save. If targeted on a non-hostile unpartied PC it seems to sometimes force a will or sometimes a reflex save. Once I believe it forced two saves, after I failed the first. On a hostile PC it seemed to always force a reflex save. In no case, even when saves were failed, was the target PC banished (we went to great lengths to try to get Fergus to fail the saves!). It also seems to never banish hostile NPCs either.

According to the wiki, it should be a reflex save (assuming the wiki is correct... I think it is a will save elsewhere in CoPaP? e.g. Avlis)

So, the following issues
- It varies between a reflex and will save, should it be one or the other? Which one?
- It doesn't allow sending yourself or friendlies out of commission intentionally, always forcing a save (from the power description: "Friendly creatures are banished for the entire duration.")
- The banishment effect itself doesn't work even though the vfx fire; nobody is ever removed from play or sent to the pocket plane area
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

This from Druid:

"There are two saves for that power, actually; a reflex save and a will save. The reflex save is for the initial use of the power, to see whether or not the target "dodges" it. The will save occurs immediately (I think) and every round after, to determine if they are able to break out of the banishment. If you're in a party with someone, there is no save at all."

So that's how it's supposed to work, apparently (and if so the Wiki should be changed to reflect that). But regardless, it doesn't seem to be working that way, right?
13thHour : [Tell] *your alignment has long since passed any possible further move to 'sexy' due to reinventing the scale*

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=PCs:Lexy]Lexy on the Wiki![/url]
kthxbye
Whelp of the Unholy Church of Newbieism

Post by kthxbye »

Yesterday Glenda tried to banish a Greater Gorgon in an open area (woods near the Lycan cave) and the Gorgon did not reappear when it should have. VFX for returning creature fired tho.