Crafting failure with Tin Lang's Health Drink

Please report any bugs you are experiencing here

Moderators: Arkon, Top Team

_JM_
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Crafting failure with Tin Lang's Health Drink

Post by _JM_ »

Type of Bug/Exploit : Crafting failure with Tin Lang's Health Drink
Area of Bug/Exploit (be as specific as possible) : South Camp (Hala), Bastion Gates (Ysgard)
NPCs involved (Be as specific as possible) : None
Chests involved : None
Timestamp on when it happened : 02:00 29/08/2010 on Hala, 14:00 29/08/2010 on Ysgard.
Frequency of occurrence : A few times on Hala, several times on Ysgard.

After trying rather a lot of things and being surprised last night by finally being allowed to attempt Tin Lang’s Heath Drink (surprised at the attempt and surprised as it was using things I was fairly sure had been in Jay’s inventory on the previous failure. I must have put ingredient A away when getting something else out of the chest and then got ingredient A out again between that attempt and going and getting things that weren’t needed.) I was rather annoyed to be told I had successfully crafted “.”

Another attempt also successfully crafted “.” and that was where I left it for the night.

These few attempts were on Hala.

Today I decided to venture forth and gather and craft enough ingredients to be able to make many attempts. I remember the bug with the gem cutting that affected the cheap gems and wanted to have enough of the makings for the Health Drink to be able to back in and out of the crafting menus and attempt and back out and try again…etc. After quite a bit of preparation and baking yet more Carrot Honey Cake Jay began his attempt at the Health Drink.

And successfully crafted “.” and failed to craft “.” and continued to succeed or fail at crafting “.” while I tried going in and out of the crafting menu, sometimes just as far as the first options before backing out and sometimes to selecting the Health Drink before backing out. End result was some crafting XP and a much emptier inventory for Jay but none of the (rather unappealing…no wonder it took so much time and so many hints to figure out with that being what is in it…yuck) Health Drink.

These many attempts were on Ysgard, specifically in Bastion with the cooking kit.

I might just declare victory and that managing to craft “.” is proof of concept and that I don’t want to make the people in Tel even sicker with this concoction, but it was frustrating enough to mention in case it is a proper bug.
_JM_
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by _JM_ »

My thanks to Nastr0nd for the work put in that seems to have solved this.