Nagritch guard/jail bug.

Please report any bugs you are experiencing here

Moderators: Arkon, Top Team

Freeze01
Resident DM Griefer

Nagritch guard/jail bug.

Post by Freeze01 »

While exploring Nagritch with my character i ended up under the courthouse. Talked with the jailor who asked my character for a 0 gold fine. My better judgement told me that i should choose the option to pay and not to choose the bugger off option.

A bit later when walking to the gate of town, my character got stopped by a guard, not having done anything wrong, the IC reaction of my character was to tell him to bugger off... that got him kicked into jail. I thought o well pay the fine and learn not to talk back to the guard... Jailor wanted 100gold, paid, door didnt open, paid 200 gold, door didnt open, paid 300 gold, door didnt open, paid 400 gold door didnt open....

At that point i cried HEEEEEELP to Nastr0nd. He let my character out. Now everytime Dael is within visual range of the city guard, he gets approached by the guard. A reset didnt cure it.

I hope this explains the problem in enough details.

GS-name: Freeze01
Char-name: Daelvaorn
davicurtistaggart
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

nagritch guard/jail bug

Post by davicurtistaggart »

had exactly the same experience last year;don't know if there's any possible fix yet.eventually,after some number(i've forgotten how many)of resets,the gate guard quit harassing my character,who still calls him"that big meanie".
LadyPhoenix77
Knight: Church of Pants
Location: Whats the use of have names if you lose all your friends. That's where I'm from.

Post by LadyPhoenix77 »

Try now Freeze.
Freeze01
Resident DM Griefer

Post by Freeze01 »

The harassment stopped :)

Good to know there is cure, but is the cause known too?
davicurtistaggart

nagritch guard/jail bug

Post by davicurtistaggart »

i still say it's proof of official corruption! :)
Freeze01
Resident DM Griefer

Post by Freeze01 »

I will just consider it a bug and just pretend it didnt happen, as i dont want to RP bugs. (are we even supposed/allowed to?)
But I Ain't Got Wings
Major DM

Post by But I Ain't Got Wings »

Freeze01 wrote:I will just consider it a bug and just pretend it didnt happen, as i dont want to RP bugs. (are we even supposed/allowed to?)
No you are not supposed to RP Bugs, I know sometimes its a pain, but that is how it goes.

For the record this exact thing happened to one of my characters when I first started playing Hala. I DID RP the bug for a bit before realizing the mistake, telling everyone how stupid the guards were in Nags.

Glad you got fixed :D
galen_macbyrne
Knight of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by galen_macbyrne »

Just noting this is still going on, Garthond's having the same experiences, including the jailing and not getting released upon payment of fine, only he got himself out of jail (yay for not being LG.....:+)......)
Elradra
Whelp of the Unholy Church of Newbieism

Re: Nagritch guard/jail bug.

Post by Elradra »

This is still happening. My half-elven palemaster Elradra has been minding her manners while visiting Nagritch, but the guards seem to have an issue with her. Normally I choose an option to peacefully leave the area but tonight chose to see what happens with the "bugger off" option instead.

Jail cell, fines that increase with each conversation with the guard, and a door that won't unlock is what happens.
Akai
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Akai »

Can you get yourself out or do you need help? I recommend going invisibly through Nagritch for awhile (that's how the drow do it ;)
_JM_
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by _JM_ »

Looking at things in the toolset the door shouldn't unlock, the script should jump the player out of the cell (like they had been jumped into it). Not feeling completely clear on what the tag of the waypoint should be or where the player should be being jumped to. I don't see a suitable waypoint in either the Courthouse, the Government District outside that, or the Market District where the Guards loiter to harass people. Wonder if it got deleted way back when the airships got moved and the area north of the market stopped being the docks.

Need sleep. Will look again sometime. Elrada had escaped by herself, reimbursed the gold and set her to not be banished from Nagritch, which apparently solved her problem with the guards.
_JM_

Post by _JM_ »

Exported area to test and double-check what the waypoint tag should be. Edited script to 'say' what "sGuardof + sJUMPTO" resulted in, then tried making a waypoint by that name, and that fixed it in the test. Have added a waypoint of the that name to the Nagritch Government District, just outside the door, in the main module and uploaded to 'To be Implemented'. Hopefully fixed when it is implemented.
Chastened Phoenix

Post by Chastened Phoenix »

Happened to me, too. Richal Desles. Stuck in jail. :(
Coli the pixie is demanding a lawyer...
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from technology."

Insanely Curious
Curiously Insane ;)
Chastened Phoenix

Ok. Paid a 200 gp fine. That's on top of the 100 gp fine last time I visited. Still had to outrun the guards to get out of town. :( :(

Ummm... Think a DM tried fixing the problem on me already, but it didn't work. Guessing I just have to stay out of town?

Insanely Curious
Curiously Insane ;)
Chastened Phoenix

Ok, this is getting ridiculous...

So, tried avoiding the guards. First trial: worked fine via stealth mode.
Second time: one of the buggers met me at the transition from residental to market. got charged 300 gp.
Third time, thought I got through, but got accosted *in the camp* and thrown in jail, pending a 400 gp fine...

And that is where our brave pixie and idiot duo will overnight. *sigh*

Insanely Curious
Curiously Insane ;)
_JM_

Post by _JM_ »

Strange. As said earlier in the thread using the City Guard Banishment Wand worked for Elrada to prevent her being harassed. At least it proves the fix for the jail works that you have been able to get out by yourself, though it should have also cleared you of being subject to arrest when you paid the fine. I'll take another look at the module later to see if I can see the problem with that.

With the wand the only thing I can think of at the moment is that my having to reload the module, to get Isiovien back, might have blanked its effects. I'll give it another go and reimburse you the gold when I see you online.

EDIT: Comments in the scripts show them as having been written in 2007 and I can't think of anything that would have broken them in the meantime. I think I follow the logic of where it should have set your character to no longer be banned and how that should be checked, so I am not sure why that is not working. Another look later.
Chastened Phoenix

Yeah, it is strange.
Still, the 100gp fine was before our interaction. So the fact that the fines have continued to escalate might be relevant?

It seems clear the problem started because I went and talked to the jailor of my own free will. But... It's not like there are any warnings or locked doors between the outside and him.

Haven't paid the 400 fine, yet. Not sure there's a point, since I can't seem to reliably evade the guards...

Oh, it only seems to be the Market guards that bother me. Not the gate guards.

Insanely Curious
Curiously Insane ;)
_JM_

Post by _JM_ »

It's relevant in as much as the fines are meant to escalate, so that proves the scripts are storing that variable on your character and incrementing it upwards. And if I am reading the script right that would be when it should also toggle the variable to say if the character is banished.

Some guards have a default "perception" script and some have the custom one that looks to see if a PC is banned from a city, and if they are sparks the conversation.
Chastened Phoenix

Ok.
I think I'm able to talk with the gate guards, though. iirc, just get "Ok, the threat is done, we'll wait awhile, then disarm." Something like that.

Edit: Just to be clear, I'm trying to help. Also, I'm sorry I triggered this bug in the first place.

Edit2: confirmed that I can interact with gate guards without trouble. Paid fine and left town. Guess Richal will resume "smoothing bugs," at least until he can go invisible or something... *Sigh*

Insanely Curious
Curiously Insane ;)