Nagritch guard/jail bug.

Please report any bugs you are experiencing here

Moderators: Arkon, Top Team

_JM_
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Re: Nagritch guard/jail bug.

Post by _JM_ »

Strange. As said earlier in the thread using the City Guard Banishment Wand worked for Elrada to prevent her being harassed. At least it proves the fix for the jail works that you have been able to get out by yourself, though it should have also cleared you of being subject to arrest when you paid the fine. I'll take another look at the module later to see if I can see the problem with that.

With the wand the only thing I can think of at the moment is that my having to reload the module, to get Isiovien back, might have blanked its effects. I'll give it another go and reimburse you the gold when I see you online.

EDIT: Comments in the scripts show them as having been written in 2007 and I can't think of anything that would have broken them in the meantime. I think I follow the logic of where it should have set your character to no longer be banned and how that should be checked, so I am not sure why that is not working. Another look later.
Chastened Phoenix
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Chastened Phoenix »

Yeah, it is strange.
Still, the 100gp fine was before our interaction. So the fact that the fines have continued to escalate might be relevant?

It seems clear the problem started because I went and talked to the jailor of my own free will. But... It's not like there are any warnings or locked doors between the outside and him.

Haven't paid the 400 fine, yet. Not sure there's a point, since I can't seem to reliably evade the guards...

Oh, it only seems to be the Market guards that bother me. Not the gate guards.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from technology."

Insanely Curious
Curiously Insane ;)
_JM_
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by _JM_ »

It's relevant in as much as the fines are meant to escalate, so that proves the scripts are storing that variable on your character and incrementing it upwards. And if I am reading the script right that would be when it should also toggle the variable to say if the character is banished.

Some guards have a default "perception" script and some have the custom one that looks to see if a PC is banned from a city, and if they are sparks the conversation.
Chastened Phoenix
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Chastened Phoenix »

Ok.
I think I'm able to talk with the gate guards, though. iirc, just get "Ok, the threat is done, we'll wait awhile, then disarm." Something like that.

Edit: Just to be clear, I'm trying to help. Also, I'm sorry I triggered this bug in the first place.

Edit2: confirmed that I can interact with gate guards without trouble. Paid fine and left town. Guess Richal will resume "smoothing bugs," at least until he can go invisible or something... *Sigh*
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from technology."

Insanely Curious
Curiously Insane ;)