Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Bookcase in Shrine of Senath

Post by _JM_ »

Type of Bug/Exploit : P-Chest mess up
Area of Bug Exploit (be as specific as possible) : Shrine of Senath
NPCs involved (Be as specific as possible) : None
Chests involved : Bookcase named "Various Books"
Timestamp on when it happened : Discovered 20:35 GMT 19/08/2012
Frequency of occurence : Clicking a few times in disbelief did not make the books reappear.

After a pleasant conversation with people and then logging off for a while I took Jayem into his shrine to see about getting the copy of Leg’s Sidekick Guide he had mentioned. He wandered to the bookcase and got the “Loading Contents… please wait” message, and then shortly afterwards the “Ready” message. It seemed rather quick and my pleasure at not having to stand him there for as long vanished when I found the reason was that the books had also vanished. Rather than 19 or 20 pages of 6 books per page there was one blank and empty page. Hopefully this was a miscommunication between the p-chest and the database. But if not then (a) I am mildly peeved and (b) will attempt to look on the bright side that at least Jayem now has reason to go kill things and steal their books (or beat animated books to the floor and see if they are still readable).
silverdragonams
Head DM

Post by silverdragonams »

I didn't see anything named "Various Books". There were private bookcases that didn't seem to be persistent containers. I took a brief look over the persistent containers I did see and they looked alright. So, I have Hala a reload. Hopefully that will fix it. I did notice you had a display container in the room. Those are notoriously buggy. I strongly suggest replacing that with a text based chest or npc merchant/librarian.
Characters:
[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=Sarakin_Fyne]Sarakin Fyne[/url]

www.anotherworlddesign.etsy.com
_JM_
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by _JM_ »

I am not sure if you were looking in the right place. In the residence Jayem has a room which is a library and there are three bookcases named "Private Bookcase" with identical descriptions and which are not containers. In that same room is a display chest ("Various Things") and a bookcase container ("Personal Bookcase"). So that sounds like what you said.

In the Shrine there are eight bookcases on the upper level. Seven of them are just named different things with their descriptions being different snippets of advice. The one in the SW corner though is named "Various Books" and is a container. I just checked and it is still showing as empty.

Thank you for checking and for your time.
silverdragonams
Head DM

Post by silverdragonams »

found the problem. pm pending.
Characters:
[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=Sarakin_Fyne]Sarakin Fyne[/url]

www.anotherworlddesign.etsy.com