Please report any bugs you are experiencing here

Moderators: Arkon, Top Team

_JM_
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Psychic Clone appearing for non-psion character

Post by _JM_ »

Type of Bug/Exploit : Strange twin of my character
Area of Bug Exploit (be as specific as possible) : Blackfire Orcs Level 2
NPCs involved (Be as specific as possible) : Blackfire Elite Warriors.
Chests involved : N/A
Timestamp on when it happened : 04:00 GMT 26 October 2012 and a few days ago
Frequency of occurrence : Twice

A few days ago Jayem was working his way down through the Orc caves when there was a swirling mist VFX and a duplicate of him appeared as if he was Seamus or Brynja and had the power of Psychic Clone. Looking in the log there was the message “Jayem Dareau used Mental Mirror” and this was a puzzle as if he had then I had not told him to and I did not know he had that item (and I’d not heard of that item even). The clone did fight the Orcs that were right under his nose but did not follow further within the area. It did pop up at the start of the third level though when Jayem went through the area transition, but remained there on the stairs.

Then last night / early this morning Jayem was there with Alexis and near the same spot there was again a swirling and a duplicate Jayem. This clone was less helpful and even when we brought some Orcs to him he simply stood there and tried to dodge (with not much success as he’d none of the prayers in place that real Jayem did, and because the Orcs were being tougher that visit). We waited and watched and confirmed he did die in the same way as a psychic clone by collapsing into ectoplasm and then evaporating away.

So there are possibly two bugs here.
First is that the game thinks Jayem is using a Mental Mirror when he is not and is duplicating him rather than the Orc I presume has the item and was trying to use it to duplicate himself. Though I could be wrong as this is an item with psionic power, if it is Psychic Clone as it appears, and the psychic power items Jayem has found have all been 25 charges rather than having been used by what he found them on. Which is maybe another bug that they’d not been used.
Second is that when the clone of Jayem does appear it does not follow him within the area or fight. I did try the radial commands for following or attacking enemies and also the voice-commands but those made no difference. So seems bugged that it appeared and bugged how it behaves.