Forging and wielding aligned weapons.

This is for questions about rules. This is NOT for complaining about rules. It is for clarification purposes

Moderator: Top Team

Gregpooh
Knight: Church of Pants

Forging and wielding aligned weapons.

Post by Gregpooh »

Ok, I understand the recent rules changes regarding weapons alignment. Restricting their construction to people who's alignments are not in conflict with the items own seems fair and just.

My question is this: Should a person not be permitted to craft any type of aligned weapon that they can legally wield? Seamus, for example, is Neutral Good. He can wield weapons of Balance (Neutrality) and Light (Good). He can not wield weapons of Darkness (Evil). As of the current rule changes, he can only produce weapons of light. He can not produce weapons of balance. I can understand that he would be unable to create weapons of Darkness, but IMO he should not be restricted from creating weapons of Balance.

I am also wondering if the ability of those with "use magic device" to fudge their alignment and use miss-aligned items should also translate to crafting? How something like that would be regulated I admit to having no good idea.

GregPooh.
It takes a [b]Viking[/b] to Raze a Village.
darkserra
Craftmaster

Post by darkserra »

The recent change has been adjusted a bit.

Evil crafters should be able to make Evil and Neutral weapons
Good crafters should be able to make Good and Neutral weapons
(as of the next mod load)

We are still struggling with Neutral crafters... what we would like to do is something that is not part of the crafting system, so we need an add-on to the system.

Please expect more changes as we try to balance out the system.

DS
-- [i]People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.[/i]
George Orwell
Gregpooh
Knight: Church of Pants

Post by Gregpooh »

OK, Cool.

So, is the Crafting system only looking at Good-Neutral-Evil and not Law-Neutral-Chaos at this time?

You might want to postpone any huge changes until the 1.69 release. There are going to be changes that might, ultimately prove very advantageous to PW crafting systems. They might cause some birthing pains though.

One of the changes that jumped out at me is the ability to simply define a property or a material once. You can then apply that property or material to any weapon. For example, a weapon with the 'gold' material added to it might do +1 positive dmg. Using this system you would not have to create a separate weapon for each type. No more Gold longsword, Silver longsword, Syenite longsword, etc. would be required. It would simply be a longsword (Gold). Properties (Masterwork, Of Light, etc.) can be applied the same way. It might require some recoding at the beginning, but, ultimately it seems like it would be a great advantage
It takes a [b]Viking[/b] to Raze a Village.