Question about Psion PSP totals

This is for questions about rules. This is NOT for complaining about rules. It is for clarification purposes

Moderator: Top Team

Gregpooh
Knight: Church of Pants

Question about Psion PSP totals

Post by Gregpooh »

Hi All.

I was reading through the Psion wiki, and I came across something about how a Psion's PSP's are figured. I can't make sense of it when I compare it to what I am seeing IG, so I was curious if anyone knew more about it and could clarify for me.

The Wiki says that a Psion's PSP's are figured using the following formula:

PSP = {(WIS - 5) * 2} + (CON - 15) + (INT - 15) + Feats + {(PsionLevel-1) * (WIS-5 (Min = 10))}

Based on this formula, a 9th level psion with WIS 22, CON 30, and INT 14 should have [(17 * 2) + 15 - 1 + 8] * 17 = 952 PSP, even with 0 feats added in. Seamus usually ends up with around 250 psp. Is the formula posted on the wiki page just wrong, or am I completely missing something simple and stupid? I've never found 250 psp's to be too few for the character. I'm just curious because I can't get the numbers to add up. Does anyone know the system well enough to see something I'm missing? Thanks! :D
It takes a [b]Viking[/b] to Raze a Village.
Gregpooh
Knight: Church of Pants

Post by Gregpooh »

Hrm. I think I just answered my own question. There's a set of brackets in there I completely missed. :oops:

Never mind!!

*Grumbles* This is why I never became an engineer.
It takes a [b]Viking[/b] to Raze a Village.
Arkon
World Leader

Post by Arkon »

Also take into account that psp most likely only takes base stats into account. Not stats gained from items.
Respect is Earned! Fear is Demanded!
Zombie
Veteran DM

Post by Zombie »

Nope. Items count, as do spells.
Grovel puts the P in swimming pool.
Small in stature, large in power, narrow of focus and wide of vision
My play/DM times: [url]http://www.ysgard.org/viewtopic.php?highlight=play&t=7671[/url]