I miss Nasty

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

Shannen
Major DM

I miss Nasty

Post by Shannen »

Not a single log in do I not think of Nastr0nd. All of my pc's have something in their inventory from one of his pc's, and that's the most tangible reason, I guess, but not the only reason.

Just thought I'd put that out there. Been wanting to express it since the last time I posted about it.

I miss him.

<3
Shan/Rali
General DM AVAILABILITY - I'm starting to look for trouble... (11/25/18)
Zombie
Veteran DM

Post by Zombie »

Yip.
Grovel puts the P in swimming pool.
Small in stature, large in power, narrow of focus and wide of vision
My play/DM times: [url]http://www.ysgard.org/viewtopic.php?highlight=play&t=7671[/url]
Soul Hunter
Major DM

Post by Soul Hunter »

yeah I was thinking much the same the other week
galen_macbyrne
Knight of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by galen_macbyrne »

Memorial group crump though dungeons he built, in appreciation?
_JM_
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by _JM_ »

Jayem has a couple of wands from Dan'eth. Those remind me sometimes but the last time I was reminded was when I was making a comment to Rudiki about old British TV and remembered how Nastr0nd made me feel old when they commented about me being of "a certain age" when I got a reference they'd slipped in.

As to the crumping one of the Dungeons that Garthond needs something from was Nastr0nd's work. He'd wanted a dynamic riddle but could not get the leader to reliably gasp different last words. so had to settle for using keys.
Moonyju
Minor DM

Post by Moonyju »

Yep. Everyday I think of him, IC and OOC.
I have a few wands from Dan'eth. Twiggs misses her sister and her mentor... always a few things to make me think of him.

All the fun times IG, Nim, building tips and such...

Or anytime I hear this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTEGxVDHpGU
Freeze01
Resident DM Griefer

Post by Freeze01 »

Same here.

My character does a lot of weapon crafting all learned from his character Velesti... his blades were made by Velesti. Half of the contents of one of my character's chests are bow strings my character made as payment for a bow Velesti made for him that we never got round to settle.

It is bittersweet, in one hand it keeps the memory of good times, in the other hand the reminder he is no longer there.

And that song indeed!
But I Ain't Got Wings
Major DM

Post by But I Ain't Got Wings »

I miss chatting with him and his dry humor, his jokes about americans, and how he took my brit jokes. As a DM I miss the fact that he dropped pretty much anything he was doing to get IG and help me figure out how todo something. As a player I miss always having somebody that was willing to jump IG with which ever character and crump up a storm.

The thing I regret the most is not getting to know him better and getting to share that beer we planned for so long. I expect that Nas was deeper and bigger than most of us grasp and I feel I had just scratched the surface in getting to know him as a friend.

All the questions, jokes, and conversations that were to happen were taken away far to early.

In the words that were written for Mercury when he passed " Only the good die young. " I expect Nas's reply to that would be " I agree, though I am not sure I fit your description of the word, Young. "
ambrosia
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by ambrosia »

Appropriate this the first thread I see today when I came to the boards thinking those very same thoughts: I miss Nas too. *hugs!*
diermace1
Knight of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by diermace1 »

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: I wanted to say some thing but ................................bah :cry:
Sathsarrion
Whelp of the Unholy Church of Newbieism

Post by Sathsarrion »

Can't log in without a reminder. :cry: