Radagast's Rabbit sled vs dog sled...!

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

Moonyju
Minor DM

Radagast's Rabbit sled vs dog sled...!

Post by Moonyju »

Hi hi!

Friend of mine sent me an email about this, which linked to the actual blog post.

A recreational musher takes a (funny, technical) look at The Hobbit's Radagast's rabbit sled...

Grab a cup of tea or coffee, grab a cold one... and enjoy the reading. =)

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2013/01 ... -sledding/
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

Thanks for this; very cute, and so true re stopping the dogs. Last year in Canada we ran on a lake, which was beautiful, but we could not set the snow hook on the ice and there were no trees to tie off to; when we decided to turn around we had a problem, because the dogs wanted to keep going. ;)

I laughed and laughed at the rabbit sled bit in The Hobbit film. Rabbits are definitely fast enough to out-run Wargs, but the way they don't get caught by faster things is by superior manuverability and quick changes of direction, which would not work in harness unless the rabbits had some sort of hive mind and could turn in unison like schools of fish or flocks of birds...and if fish and birds can do it without a hive mind, then maybe Rhosgobel Rabbits can, too!

I once knew a guy who did weight pulling competitions with his Chinese Crested dogs (a hairless toy breed), than which rabbits are hardly more ridiculous. There is an award called the "percentage pull" for the most weight pulled in relation to the weight of the dog pulling it, and the cresteds regularly won that.
13thHour : [Tell] *your alignment has long since passed any possible further move to 'sexy' due to reinventing the scale*

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=PCs:Lexy]Lexy on the Wiki![/url]
davicurtistaggart
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

wadagast wabbit sled

Post by davicurtistaggart »

...and frieda is STILL pestering me to get her a bunny sled! :)