DM dilemma

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

But I Ain't Got Wings
Major DM

DM dilemma

Post by But I Ain't Got Wings »

OOC POST

First off thank you all for taking part in my events, I hope you have enjoyed them and thought of them more than just hack in slash.

As a DM I attempt to give information out to multiple PCs in an effort to get them to work together with other PCs to solve the problem. I do this for a few reasons, one because I always want to share the love, and allow everybody to feel important. AND because my making you work together I am getting people to meet IG when I am not DMing to RP and have fun, at times that make they would not normally.

In my current event, The Heart. I have done the same, this time trying to bridge even the gaps between players in completely different time zones. I am DMing events at UK times and US times, and giving you all different clues and information VIA PMs and in the events.

But I have run into a problem with this strategy. You cant meet IG to talk about what happened to your PCs because of all of your different play times.

The only way this will work is if you post on the forums IG in an efforts to put clues together or info others what you have said and done IC. You have all posted a number of posts and I am VERY happy to read them and PM you back, but you are not exchanging information over the forums. I have had to disclose the same information via PMs or events more than once because people are not communicating. For instance in this plot more than once I have had to tell somebody OOCly that something has happened already since they didnt see a post about it and had no idea what happened in the last event. Also I have introduced NPCs to players and fed them information, but with no post I was forced to do it again.

Also another reason it is nice to post event details on the forums is so that when (as in this case) I am running an event that is open, players can read the posts and have an idea on what is going on. This saves retelling the story each time somebody new joins the fun.

I even went so far as to OOCly request Shannen to post an IC write up of my event, in hopes that you would join in so you could share your thoughts and ideas.

I am not trying to tell you how to post and I dont want to get into IC reasons for not posting. I am not asking you to write up an IC post and put it in the middle of a tavern so I can 'hack' your ideas and punish you for posting publicly. I am simply asking you to take time to write up a post for others. It makes it more fun for everyone, so UK players can log in to check the boards and see what happened in the plot they are taking part in while they were unable to play, and US players can as well.

Once again I am really enjoying DMing you all and I am only trying to make the plot and story flow so you can all enjoy ALL of it, not just the part you are able to log in for.
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

I am DYING to post but RL is not giving me time to. I can barely do PMs and am behind on them also. Just getting IG has been a challenge the past few months. :( Believe me, it's on the list and has been on the list but I have to find the time and it takes me forever to write stuff that's any good. I will do my best to get some stuff posted tonight.
13thHour : [Tell] *your alignment has long since passed any possible further move to 'sexy' due to reinventing the scale*

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=PCs:Lexy]Lexy on the Wiki![/url]
But I Ain't Got Wings
Major DM

Rudiki wrote:I am DYING to post but RL is not giving me time to. I can barely do PMs and am behind on them also. Just getting IG has been a challenge the past few months. :( Believe me, it's on the list and has been on the list but I have to find the time and it takes me forever to write stuff that's any good. I will do my best to get some stuff posted tonight.
HUGS, its no problem Rudiki.

I just felt it was easier to post something about this, to try and help people in my plot understand that they have to talk to other PCs to come up with stuff, and that sometimes you cant talk IG, but the forums work wonders in this case.
Moonyju
Minor DM

Post by Moonyju »

Rudiki wrote:I am DYING to post but RL is not giving me time to. I can barely do PMs and am behind on them also. Just getting IG has been a challenge the past few months. :( Believe me, it's on the list and has been on the list but I have to find the time and it takes me forever to write stuff that's any good. I will do my best to get some stuff posted tonight.
Ditto, here! =)

If you could see my notebook, you'd see posts in the works dating back nearly a year... I try to quickly post about plots and other "priority" posts and pile up journal posts and "personal actions unrelated to plots" posts 'til i have time to perfect/post them.
But I Ain't Got Wings
Major DM

everybody that took the time to post or read this post.. thank you :D