KITTENS!

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

KITTENS!

Post by Rudiki »

We have a new kitten! But before I tell you about her, we had a new kitten last summer and I tried to upload pictures and it didn't work, so:

Introducing (belatedly) Stratagem, who showed up in our yard and announced that he was our new kitten in August. Because he is gray (though he has white markings), he was named after the gray kitten at the Tower of Iron Will in game. He is amazing. He has grown into quite a large and prosperous young man. He loves riding in the car, he is playful but very loving and sweet, and nothing bothers him much; we've never yet seen his tail fuzzed. He doesn't even mind getting his claws clipped. He likes to sleep stretched across your neck at night. He's just a stellar cat. Here are some pix from when he was a kitten.

Asleep after wreaking havoc, resting up to wreak more havoc:

Image[/img]

Pretending to be an inanimate object (he later destroyed all three of those Afghan Hound figurines by chomping their noses, the fink):

Playing with his tail in the paper recycling basket:

Playing with the irresistible peacock feather (which is the perfect kitten extraction device for when they get into inaccessible places you don't want them to be):

And sitting in a corelle bowl:

Now for the new kitten. We just got her on Friday night, and pictures will be forthcoming later today I hope. Her name is Tenuviel, which is Nightingale in Tolkien's Elvish, and she is a seal point Balinese, which is just a fancy way of saying she is a long-haired Siamese. Balinese have nothing to do with Bali; someone just decided to call them that because Balinese dancers are graceful like the cats are, and Balinese sounds sort of like Siamese. Which I find reprehensible. But I digress. She is the first cat either of us has actually paid money for (other than shelter or rescue fees); it's weird. She has a pedigree like a dog, and a contract. She came from Long Island and is used to the finer things in life. It was very clear from the e-mails back and forth that her breeder was in a different tax bracket than we are; she said things like: "You should get a crate for her, they are ONLY fifty or sixty dollars at Petsmart." We get our crates from the Goodwill, and we pay five or ten bucks. But we didn't tell her that, we just kept our mouths shut and got the kitten. She is 8 weeks old, and hilarious and adorable. She is very bold and outgoing and playful. In typical Siamese fashion, she miaows all the time, even when asleep, even with her mouth full (which sounds very cute). She has a nice loud purr (as does Stratagem; our long-sufferring old lady cat, Val, has a stealth purr). She has two speeds: Full Speed Ahead, and Full Stop. She shows signs of someday being graceful (Akai, to kitten: "Try not to launch yourself head-first into solid objects.").

We are in the process of introducing her to the other two cats. We only wanted two cats total, but Gem came along and that was that. We would like everyone to know that the position of Makeshift Acre Cat is now filled, and we do not expect any vacancies for hopefully another 20 years or so. Val has so far been very gracious, and Gem doesn't know what to do with her; she fuzzed and hissed and growled at him (she is like one fifth his size).

That's all for now; I'll try to add photos of Tenuviel as soon as I can!
13thHour : [Tell] *your alignment has long since passed any possible further move to 'sexy' due to reinventing the scale*

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=PCs:Lexy]Lexy on the Wiki![/url]
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

P.S.:

Those pictures were taken when the sheep was still a baby and in the house; my office floor is usually not covered with hay.
13thHour : [Tell] *your alignment has long since passed any possible further move to 'sexy' due to reinventing the scale*

Tremayne7
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by Tremayne7 »

Adorable! I love Kitteah pictures :D
Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning

"If life is a hankerchief, love is the embrodery that makes it more beautiful." - Alexis Dufresne Montjoie

"A Tyrite, a thief, a ranger and a preppy elf were sitting in a bar with a druidess..." -Aranel
_JM_

Post by _JM_ »

Hmm, more white on him than I’d imagined. About the same proportion of white as on my Oliver, though mine hasn’t overdone the sunbathing to the extent his black faded to grey :-P

Destroying the figurines sounds like good practice for interaction with proper dogs. Poor Stratagem, though at least he does have his size advantage to allow him to look bemused from a greater height.
Last edited by _JM_ on Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shannen
Major DM

Post by Shannen »

<3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
General DM AVAILABILITY - I'm starting to look for trouble... (11/25/18)
Brayon
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by Brayon »

*melts* Kitty Love!
davicurtistaggart
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

KITTIES!

Post by davicurtistaggart »

awwww!so this is how the notorious strawberry bandit is always captured by the fearsome watchkitties of the tower;they're too cute to resist!(also frieda doesn't want her nose nibbled off!)eager to see the newest kittie!
Moonyju
Minor DM

Post by Moonyju »

KITTIES!

TOO CUTE!

(showed the pix to my kitty-lover of an aunt at the restaurant on Easter... she melted! so did mum. :) )
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

Okay, here, finally are my pathetic attempts at kitten photography. These pictures appear thanks to Jalya and Lost Cause who both took pity on my incompetence.

Tinuviel! Every move she makes is straight out of a Warner Brothers cartoon. She and Gem adored each other after the first day, and are very cute together; they play and sleep together, and he washes her; he's a perfect big brother, patient and gentle. Tinuviel is never still except when asleep. Here she is awake...

...and here she is asleep! Much better:

Juuust waking up...

Everybody loves the paper recycling trash can...

(She is annoyed because he was sitting on her):

Bath time! Kitten annoyed again:

And a couple shots of Gem being too cute to throw out of my chair...

And, finally: "What? I do, too, fit!" (LC note Terry Pratchett books on shelf below)

Moonyju
Minor DM

Post by Moonyju »

*melts!*

*scritches kitties!*

... and my own kitty had to be nosy and climbed on my shoulders as I looked at these pictures. ;)
_JM_

Post by _JM_ »

Ah, the joy of kittens and their ability to move faster than your shutter speed indoors. At least she stayed asleep long enough to be photographed rather than waking up and demanding to play with the camera strap NOW! Stratagem has grown up handsome and the annoyed look at being washed by him looks familiar.
davicurtistaggart
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

KITTIES!

Post by davicurtistaggart »

awww!faster than a speeding camera shutter!more adorable than almost anything!it's superkittie!and of course he fits in the bookshelf;he's a catalog!(sorry)
ambrosia

Post by ambrosia »

dwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

!!!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: