Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

But I Ain't Got Wings
Major DM

idea thanks to a player

Post by But I Ain't Got Wings »

player of Jay.

thank you for the idea

from this point on.. I will attempt to have clues inserted into the mod for my current plots.

its a pain to go crump some place then send a PM saying 'hey I went here, did I see anything different', yes?

Well now you will see things different, while IG. Once you do, you can PM me and question what you found if you wish.

I will still take PMs about exploring and such of course.. and there is no way I can keep up with ALL of your NPC questions and such making taking NPCS all over the place. BUT if you wish to explore an area that has something todo with a plot I am running. I will make sure you can find something.

Infact there are 2 clues out there NOW :)

have fun!

BTW- the code and tools to do this thank Nas.. miss him terribly.
_JM_
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by _JM_ »

It wasn’t a pain in the slightest. I decided to take Jayem to kill some stuff and as this was where something had happened before I also decided to take the few minutes to PM and ask. It sounds like it will be much more of a pain for you to keep having to alter the module as well as responding to PMs.
galen_macbyrne
Knight of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by galen_macbyrne »

I do actually like this idea though, if it saves you work in the long run - are the "clues" and such permanent additions to the mod, or are they temporary things that will vanish at the next reset?
Akai
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Akai »

I think it's great of BIAGW to do this; do you know that when I first started playing NWN, it took me years to realize that I needed to PM DM's when investigating something IC, as opposed to simply going there IC and investigating. And this way people who aren't even in a plot can stumble across clues, share them, and thus get involved.
But I Ain't Got Wings
Major DM

Post by But I Ain't Got Wings »

to clarify

NO its not a pain, my goal is for you to have fun with my plot, even when I can not game. Meaning, I can throw stuff in the mod for you to find, and you can tell other characters what you find and RP and discuss, with out waiting for a PM back from me. If you find something you can also post IC about it as well, makes the forums more fun to read too!

No these will not be removed at a reset or a crash, they will be there till MYSELF or another on the team remove them. Fun Tools Nas put together for DMs.

Yes I recall those days as well Akai. As for these clues, sometimes they will be very detailed with things you can examine, others they may just be things that you see that are different than 'normal'. An ogre with goblins worg ridders? A large hole in the middle of Bastion Market place... stuffs like that.

anyways have fun.. I hope you are!
Shannen
Major DM

Post by Shannen »

Akai wrote:I think it's great of BIAGW to do this; do you know that when I first started playing NWN, it took me years to realize that I needed to PM DM's when investigating something IC, as opposed to simply going there IC and investigating. And this way people who aren't even in a plot can stumble across clues, share them, and thus get involved.
Me too, Akai, years. I would get upset and not understand why other characters were finding things out when I was role-playing and role-playing and role-playing but always out of the loop. :D
General DM AVAILABILITY - I'm starting to look for trouble... (11/25/18)
Moonyju
Minor DM

Post by Moonyju »

Shannen wrote:
Akai wrote:I think it's great of BIAGW to do this; do you know that when I first started playing NWN, it took me years to realize that I needed to PM DM's when investigating something IC, as opposed to simply going there IC and investigating. And this way people who aren't even in a plot can stumble across clues, share them, and thus get involved.
Me too, Akai, years. I would get upset and not understand why other characters were finding things out when I was role-playing and role-playing and role-playing but always out of the loop. :D
Took me a while before I understood what the others meant by "forums"... so when Jalya signed up for a guild and the player of the PC taking the registrations asked for my "board name" I went... "er... er.... er.... what? ahhh ... let me just ... ah... create an account there and i'll get back to you on that?" :D

My early days were "Role playing? What the heck is that?" ... to later become "... RPing on the boards? why? we have the servers for that..." to now "... we can fine tune stuff on the boards if we can't get IG together..."

... so thanks BIAGW! :D
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

I, too, think this is a great idea, for lots of reasons. Also, I am often afraid to contact DMs and ask stuff; this way I don't have to. :) Now if only I can find something! *goes off to search* :)
13thHour : [Tell] *your alignment has long since passed any possible further move to 'sexy' due to reinventing the scale*

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=PCs:Lexy]Lexy on the Wiki![/url]