Neverwinter

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

Trinity
Veteran DM

Neverwinter

Post by Trinity »

I was just curious how many others are playing/have tried Neverwinter, and what you think of it. I have only tried a few other MMO's, Guild Wars, D&D Online, Tera and now Neverwinter. I like it more then the others, well except for Tera, I fell in love with the beautiful graphics, so I still play now and then. I am disappointed it isn't more like NWN, but I wasn't holding my breath like I did for NWN 2.
Tremayne7
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by Tremayne7 »

So far no one has beat this game. I've made a lot of great friends playing NWN and I do think fondly of you all (even if I am off play Sims 3 at the moment :wink: ).... Might make a Hala/Arkaz 'hood
Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning

"If life is a hankerchief, love is the embrodery that makes it more beautiful." - Alexis Dufresne Montjoie

"A Tyrite, a thief, a ranger and a preppy elf were sitting in a bar with a druidess..." -Aranel
Sable
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Sable »

tried it and thought it was terrible. Pretty much the worst game I think I've ever tried tbh.
Out of the 3 people I know who gave it a shot, one managed to make it through the tutorial, did 1 or 2 quests and logged out and uninstalled, I did the tutorial and uninstalled and another didn't even get half way through before uninstalling.

It's so generic as to be painful, gameplay dumbed down to the point of not needing a player and the plot was totally linear with no option to deviate (have conversation, reply options are always "yes" and "I'll do it later" with no option to progress until you say "yes").
Didn't help that the tutorial was pretty much a rip of in theme to DDO (shipwreck, big evil, collect kit from wreckage etc), and at least the stuff I saw looked like it was leading to the plot from NWN 1.

Terribly wasted opportunity imo
"Abash'd the Devil stood, And felt how awful goodness is, and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely” John Milton
Zombie
Veteran DM

Post by Zombie »

Havent tried it and dont intend to. If im playing an action RPG i'll go for Titan Quest (YAY!) or Diablo (not 3 though. 3 offends me) because they give me that sweet phat lewt hunting fix that I need from time to time.

But it does beg the question about life after NWN. Personaly I'm hopeful that this game will have a solid multiplay and could perhaps be the coveted NWN1 replacement
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/obs ... t-eternity
Grovel puts the P in swimming pool.
Small in stature, large in power, narrow of focus and wide of vision
My play/DM times: [url]http://www.ysgard.org/viewtopic.php?highlight=play&t=7671[/url]
MissyFlows
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by MissyFlows »

playing and enjoying it a lot!
Lots of loot and fun!
Playing a TR @ lvl53+ atm

yay!