We need more IC posts!

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

Freeze01
Resident DM Griefer

We need more IC posts!

Post by Freeze01 »

There are a couple of plots running right now, but if you check the forum you'd be hard pressed to find anything about them. This might give off the false impression that there is nothing of interest going on our fine servers! More talk means more people can participate and as always, the more the merrier seems to apply here too.

I am the first to take blame. I (feel like I) am horrible at creative writing, so making IC posts will always mean i have a big scary hurdle to jump, just to even start writing one. Especially with some of the awesomely talented people making posts here from time to time. So yeah i often just leave it to others or dont write :oops: ...

... so we do need more people writing IC and DMs you should kick my ass to write more!!! (subtly though... my poor tushy) And not only mine :lol:
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

Mea Culpa! I have wanted to write but I haven't had any time to until just lately, and even now I don't have MUCH time (which is why Lexy's last journal post was so lame; it takes me forever to write something good).

HOWEVER I have a bit more time now, so I intend to write and post more stuff about the plots I'm involved in as soon as I can!

Also, don't worry if you don't think you're any good; post anyway! Often you are better than you think you are, and I read and appreciate EVERYTHING anybody writes.
13thHour : [Tell] *your alignment has long since passed any possible further move to 'sexy' due to reinventing the scale*

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=PCs:Lexy]Lexy on the Wiki![/url]
Kali
Knight: Church of Pants

Post by Kali »

Brynjas are too cryptic to count and no one wants to know what Malik is up to.
Wiki
[url]http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=Brynja_Einarsd%C3%B3ttir[/url]
Chemical-Burn
Knight of the Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Chemical-Burn »

Kali wrote:Brynjas are too cryptic to count and no one wants to know what Malik is up to.
Those just sound like excuses Zombie. I spy at Brynja's character journal all the time and it's not that bad :twisted:
Tremayne7
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by Tremayne7 »

I like cryptic Brynja. It's always fun to guess who you are talking about. :wink:
Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning

"If life is a hankerchief, love is the embrodery that makes it more beautiful." - Alexis Dufresne Montjoie

"A Tyrite, a thief, a ranger and a preppy elf were sitting in a bar with a druidess..." -Aranel
Psye Shaar
Assistant Head DM

Post by Psye Shaar »

IC posts are good and beneficial.. I don't only reply to PM's you know :twisted: :wink:

Your character spends a long to doing something or making something? You never know what might suddenly find its way in game or your inventory.

Of course if we never have any board posts to let us know what you're upto when we're not in the client...? :roll: :(
[i]"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction." [/i]
Blaise Pascal (1623 - 1662)
Moonyju
Minor DM

Post by Moonyju »

Psye Shaar wrote:IC posts are good and beneficial.. I don't only reply to PM's you know :twisted: :wink:

Your character spends a long to doing something or making something? You never know what might suddenly find its way in game or your inventory.

Of course if we never have any board posts to let us know what you're upto when we're not in the client...? :roll: :(
Seconded!

Also. Yes we DMs have ideas for plots and such. But often, plot ideas come from characters doing something IG. We're not always in the client to see it, so we can read about it. You never know. A quick short event thrown in for fun and flavour to add to your character's actions/research/pondering/whatever could turn into something bigger! :)

Whether you think a post is good or not, post it. If you think it would be "pointless" to post, post it! Even an entry in a journal can go a long way. :)
But I Ain't Got Wings
Major DM

Post by But I Ain't Got Wings »

not sure if its worth noting here.. but as a player I am not around, so no IC posts... as a DM I am only building at this point, so no IC posts

still as a DM I normally have requested IC posts for each IC action I am PMed about, then as a DM I replied in some way IC on the boards to that post. Something DMs can do at least.

players well you guys just post when you can or feel like it.
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

Clearly, I spoke too soon. :?

HOWEVER, I am out of the hospital now and will do my best.
13thHour : [Tell] *your alignment has long since passed any possible further move to 'sexy' due to reinventing the scale*

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=PCs:Lexy]Lexy on the Wiki![/url]