Playing Evil

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

T'Holoth Shadowborn
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by T'Holoth Shadowborn »

The biggest obstacle any "subtle" evil character has on Hala is the Detect Evil feat that the paladins get....hate that ability
good old detect evil.

It's easy to metagame/cheese? with this. A paladin can just run around and blarg blarg blarg detect evil on everything that moves.

Arkon warned us paladins about that right away, dont be detect evil dumb or we'll loose the feat.

I try to only cast detect evil on people who stike me as evil. Summoning undead, demons, threating people, drow tieflings or other commonly evil races. People who dress in pure black with evilish voice sets, evil looking portrait (im assuming its suposed to represent how their character looks in a way). I see that and I figure this guy is trying to tell people hes evil, so I do the check. Theres people who i know are evil but ive never had any inclination that they are evil so i've never checked.
[i]Blessed is the mind too small for doubt[/i]
Though I walk through the vally in the shadows of daemons, I shall fear nothing. For I am what the daemon fears.
ApproachingWinter
Knight of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by ApproachingWinter »

I applaud you then Spartan. I hope all take your sparing use of it as an example.
“Divine being creates petting zoo. It gets out of hand.”
- The Bible (summarised by John W. Mangrum)

Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.
Edgar Allan Poe (1809 - 1849), "Eleonora"

Characters: Kal Shadowhand, Streea Arisa.