It's dead Jim...

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

Themicles
Game Server Admin and Web Monkey

It's dead Jim...

Post by Themicles »

Well that's it. My keyboard is fully dead this time. No reviving it. Not even a spill. It just stopped. And no backups, the bluetooth one is dead too. And finally no money to order one (car needed a wheel bearing and was paid for this week).

I won't be able to resume work for up to two weeks. Wont have any money til next Thursday and it'll take 3 days to a week to arrive if we can even afford to order one after bills due next week. :|
World Leader: Tairis'nàdur
Administrator: Confederation of Planes and Planets
Server Host & Web Monkey: Hala The Heroic Domain of Ysgard
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Re: It's dead Jim...

Post by Rudiki »

How much would one cost?
13thHour : [Tell] *your alignment has long since passed any possible further move to 'sexy' due to reinventing the scale*

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=PCs:Lexy]Lexy on the Wiki![/url]
Themicles

Post by Themicles »

A cheap one? Not much. The direct replacement (I have always loved that particular keyboard's almost unnoticeable gentle curve) used to be under $40. But that model has been phased out in favor of newer versions that I do not like. I've been considering taking the plunge and going mechanical but that's at least a $120 investment to not get complete trash. In the end, though, anything to get me by for now is better than nothing. We have all of $6 until Thursday though, and even then the Comcast bill is due and rather large. So I've been stealing my wife's keyboard when she's not using it and doing what I can from my phone or using only the mouse in cases that it is all thats needed. Windows has the on-screen keyboard too, which I've used. But it is hardly efficient for coding.
Akai
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Akai »

There is, or was, a spare keyboard around here; will check to see if it will do if we can find it.
Themicles

Post by Themicles »

A friend is sending a keyboard. Its coming from California, but at least something is coming as a stopgap until I get a proper one.