headed out of town

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

ambrosia
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

headed out of town

Post by ambrosia »

hi all!

I'm about to leave for Washington DC to spend almost two weeks in total map-geek heaven. (aka a humongous cartography convention) - I have no idea how often I might even have any time to play, so if you don't see me until Mid-July ... it's not personal! haha!

:mrgreen:
Chastened Phoenix
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Re: headed out of town

Post by Chastened Phoenix »

NOOOooooooo... oooo

Miss ya! :(
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from technology."

Insanely Curious
Curiously Insane ;)
ambrosia

Post by ambrosia »

As you'll be gone tomorrow and I'm gone the day after, I really hope you get your body back.

... but.. way more important... YAY! Erin's in game! YAY!
Chastened Phoenix

Yeah! Priorities!

Actually, since the server went down... Isn't Richy's stuff cached? :?

Insanely Curious
Curiously Insane ;)
ambrosia

Post by ambrosia »

Hi All!

Trip is going very well thus far; if you want 'blow-by-blow' details, IM me and we can connect on Facebook. :P

One thing that did happen this evening was funny enough for me to share here, however. Mostly because ya'll will "get it" better than most.

---
I added a post to the album: ICC Trip — feeling highly amused at International Spy Museum.

(Spoiler Alert)

Funny story: When you first arrive at the museum, your group is taken to a room where you are told you have 2 minutes to select from one of the "secret identities" hung from a series of pillars around the room and memorize it. You're told to grill each other on the "fact sheet" because there -will- be a test at some point on our tour.

The next stop is a dark room with a brief video recapping various facts and history on spies around the world....and then as you leave you are reminded about keeping your new biography in mind and how the slightest mistake could compromise your identity, trust nobody, and remember to expect a test on any detail when we least expect it.

My "bio" was 33 year old astronomer Diana Siegal most recently from Bernbeuren, Germany on her way to London for a 4 day business trip.

For fun, I totally played along and took the whole thing very seriously.

For almost three hours, I was Diana.

When I met folks, I introduced myself as Diana. When people asked what brought me to D.C. I figured there was no way I could be convincing with a German accent so I invented a dear friend who lived in Bernbeuren whom I had just gotten back from visiting. I talked about how much I looked forward to seeing London, first time on business you know, pity on the short stay...

Total blast!

It wasn't until almost all the way to the end of the tour when I discovered the "test" - it was a little Kiosk with basic multiple choice answers you could pick from to "grade" yourself on what you remembered.

Apparently I took the whole thing -way- to seriously.

And there are like 20some odd people in DC who came away having met a quirky astronomer who's allergic to pickles.

Oops.

#SorryNotSorry
#LOL
#MightDoThatAgain
_JM_

Post by _JM_ »

See. See the disadvantage of being friendly? I think I'd have made the same assumption, that those warnings and the information meant I should try to assume that identity, but as a grumpy sod I'd have just been wandering around looking at exhibits rather than talking to people. So I'd have played along, but nobody would have noticed. :P
ambrosia

Post by ambrosia »

_JM_ wrote:See. See the disadvantage of being friendly? I think I'd have made the same assumption, that those warnings and the information meant I should try to assume that identity, but as a grumpy sod I'd have just been wandering around looking at exhibits rather than talking to people. So I'd have played along, but nobody would have noticed. :P
:lol: :lol: :lol:

:mrgreen:
ambrosia

Post by ambrosia »

hey all!

Just a quick note to let you know I'm safely home. I'll be around later after unpacking, food, and naps (not necessarily that order) - either tonight or tomorrow.

xoxo

- Amby
Chastened Phoenix

Welcome back!!

Insanely Curious
Curiously Insane ;)